Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish = Joke

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

the educational system needs a total revamp, forcefully teaching us religion and irish in secondary school is a fooking joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

^ Ah ya poor thing Pfm? Do you wanna lollipop? :p

I've never hated the language. I just hate the way it was crammed down my throat and my father's before me. Everybody knows the cirriculum is a failure and doesn't work or inspire, yet nobody will do anything about it.
    smemon wrote: »
    .imagine if we couldnt speak english - the internet would be practically useless!
    That's quite a specific term tbh. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Yes, the person who dragged up this two year old thread also posted on the Gaeilge board... And they're clearly not a LC student if they live in the USA.

And as KeyLimePie mentioned, we already have a pretty long thread (which is not 2 years old, by the way) for discussing Irish.

Can we please stick to the most recent thread on a subject?

.............i did not know this was 2 years old!!!!!!!!!!! i was wondering how so many people could post in a day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

K4t wrote: »
    ^ Ah ya poor thing Pfm? Do you wanna lollipop? :p
    Yes. : (

KeyLimePie, are you suggesting that you didn't read the rest of the thread, and didn't notice any of the post dates? When I see a long thread all of a sudden, when I checked the board the day before, I get reeeal suspicious of grave-digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Yes. : (

KeyLimePie, are you suggesting that you didn't read the rest of the thread, and didn't notice any of the post dates? When I see a long thread all of a sudden, when I checked the board the day before, I get reeeal suspicious of grave-digging.

well considering that it's an "irish is thought sucky" thread you just KNOW what's going on in it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That's true. Same old argument. And now, this thread is old, and we're all being a bit off topic, so I think we should leave it, and if anyone has any particular feelings about Irish, I'll direct them here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055268358

That was actually on the 8th page, which is pretty far in, but considering this board had 2 pages worth of new posts/threads in one day yesterday, it's not that old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement