Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support The Balbriggan Forum

Options
  • 09-06-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Moonbeam has put a proposal for a Balbriggan forum.
    I think the volume of posters from the town and with concerns in the area warrant a forum for the district.
    Show your support and record your interest on the 'forums' forum.(In systems subfolder)

Go on the Brig...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Hope I'm not breaking Forum rules by posting this. I'm not meaning to advertise but I am in the middle of making a boards-like Balbriggan Forum. Details to follow... if alowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

peeko wrote:
    Hope I'm not breaking Forum rules by posting this. I'm not meaning to advertise but I am in the middle of making a boards-like Balbriggan Forum. Details to follow... if alowd?

A total waste of time in my opinion.

You'll not get the same traffic that is seen here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

nope we will get more;) and it will make it alot easier to follow things and to have single topics for discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Moonbeam wrote:
    nope we will get more;) and it will make it alot easier to follow things and to have single topics for discussion.

The number of posters who have posted on topics in relation to Balbriggan isn't that great. There is a high percentage, but low number of repeat posters.

Any new standalone board (not talking about a sub-forum in Boards) would want to to have a lot of marketing put into it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Maybe a North County Dublin forum would be a better idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just imagine it we could have seperate threads to discuss things like hmm the ,water pressure or lack of,lego land/cardboard box land/stuff/things ummm and more stuff:)

and as it would be laid out in seperate threads it would be easier to follow and find out what you want to know and ask questions instead of one thread with 50 different subjecs being discussed!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In the absence of a Balbriggan-specific sub-forum being created - why don't you Brig-folk/Briggers/Brigins pre-fix your thread titles in the East forum with "Balbriggan..."? For example - "Balbriggan BMXers", "Balbriggan Food & Drink", "Balbriggan Art Appreciation", "Balbriggan Consumer Issues", "Balbriggan LAN Parties" etc, etc.

There was just one big free-for-all thread that got this started in the first place. Hardly any of the topics brought up in the thread really went anywhere or would warrant a new forum. I would go for a Fingal one maybe...

Advertisement