Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography (H)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

jimi_t wrote:
    What you have to take into consideration is that out of those 30 marks about 5mks are going for overall cohesion - i.e. how well do the points sit together in paragraphs, are they linked well together (i.e. you're not just putting down bullet points instead of an "essay" :D )
    Yep forgot to include that,I put 12-15 incase one of the points is dodgy,so you have extra ones.12 is the MINIMUM.If you have spare time at the end(unlikely) read over your answers and make sure you have 12 for 30mark and 8 for a 20mark

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

DonaldDuck wrote:
    An SRP would be "Hydraulic action is a process used in creating a waterfall" 2 marks
    or
    "Monsoons have a major impact on Indian agriculture" 2 marks.

Every "point" you state gets you 2 marks,check the marking scheme on examinations.ie.For a 30mark question,you would need 12-15 SRPs to be safe

I too am going for a B in geography,as my teacher was retarded and useless for help with the project and I think thats ruined all hope of my A. That and I'm pathetic at the culture and identity question."Bluffing" isnt my strong point so its a weak question for me.Regional geography will hopefully be 80/80 and same with the economic elective as they would be by far my strongest sections(Not including short questions of course)

I have a major problem with time in the exam :( In the mocks I didn't get finished. I aim to have the short questions done in 10mintues max,to get the extra time for other questions

Can the SRP's really be that short? I got the sample answers off the RTE thing and the SRP's were such simple statements, but our teacher reckons they have to be completely complicated :confused:

I'm really hoping Religion or preferably Language as a cultural indicator come up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Rob30888 wrote:
    Can the SRP's really be that short? I got the sample answers off the RTE thing and the SRP's were such simple statements, but our teacher reckons they have to be completely complicated :confused:

I'm really hoping Religion or preferably Language as a cultural indicator come up...
    They can be that easy,you even get marks for saying "An example of a feature is a waterfall" Then 2 marks for saying "An example of a water is xxxxx in ireland"

For the C&I question though its long answers with paragraphs and SRPs dont come into play.Check the examinations.ie website for their marknig scheme for a little more detail

Advertisement