Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE over with

• 09-06-2006 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just got home. Left half an hour early.

That has got to be the easiest exam I've ever taken.

The only bad part was that I couldn't draw a stick man even if I wanted to so I was forced to do the Women in the Dail question which was bad. Also the 4th question in the "choose 3 out of the 4" section was a bit hard as well cos I didn't study for the exam at all but ah well I got the other three.

How did ye do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Sipefree wrote:
    Just got home. Left half an hour early.

That has got to be the easiest exam I've ever taken.

The only bad part was that I couldn't draw a stick man even if I wanted to so I was forced to do the Women in the Dail question which was bad. Also the 4th question in the "choose 3 out of the 4" section was a bit hard as well cos I didn't study for the exam at all but ah well I got the other three.

How did ye do?
    "Choose three out of 4"
    Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I thought it was easy enough but harder than any other CSPE exams I've seen. I felt the long questions were quite difficult, out of the three of four they give you there's usually one that appeals to me but today none of them did. And for the 4 questions where you have to look at the 4 pictures, there was way too many of those questions which asked you 'what would your CSPE class to do to highlight this problem' or something like that, I just kept saying a poster campaign and a petitions! That quaetion was asked 4 times I think in each of the 4 questions!!

It certainly could've been a lot easier and I have to say I'm not all that happy with how I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It was a nice exam :D . But I also taught there was too many of those what would you CSPE class do questions. With the Dublin Bus picture, there were the 2 slogans, no racism and serving the entire community. I put down the serving the entire communtiy one. It was easy enough overall, but as said before it was harder than any other CSPE exam I have sat. Is there even CSPE exam papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah there are, loads of em, we had to have them for class this year. The exam was a doddle I thought. I can't draw for sh!te so I did the women in the Dáil question...it was all I could do not to take the piss. In had about 45 minutes tio spare at the end so I just drew a pipe with "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" under it on the space for the poster.

Magritte-Ceci_n'est_pas_une_pipe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Is there even CSPE exam papers?

Yeah haha my friend found a set somewhere..

The exam wasn't bad at all..my long question was about the Garda coming to your school, was pretty easy.
    I'm only aware of going wrong on the first question, where I mixed up the two Marys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sipefree

BMH wrote:
    "Choose three out of 4"
    Huh?

67_Picture%209.png

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

With the Dublin Bus picture, there were the 2 slogans, no racism and serving the entire community. I put down the serving the entire communtiy one.
    I think the question was "What is the slogan of the transport company in the ad", and not the campaign's slogan so luckily I think you made the right choice in saying "serving the entire community"!!:D Well at least I hope it's right cos that's what I said:rolleyes:

Ah, didn't know you could choose and just did them all.

What does that french sentence below the pipe mean by the way?

I don't understand all this worry, it's barely a real subject and it's only worth 40% of the marks. I don't understand how they even mark those opinionated questions. What's the marking scheme for a slogan?

I said it too.

BMH wrote:
    What does that french sentence below the pipe mean by the way?

"this is not a pipe"

Quite perplexing as it is indeed a pipe.

• Advertisement

Just as we're free for the weekend it gets overcast...

The sun is still shining brightly down here in the Sunny South East which begs the question why am I not outside enjoying it? But my mam thinks I'm 'studying', the only thingn I'm studying is Germany and Costa Roca on the telly while on the internet

:D

Such is the way of examtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

BMH wrote:
    Just as we're free for the weekend it gets overcast...

Overcast? It's 23 degrese in Dublin without a cloud in the sky.

But tomorrow looks a bit cloudy in places with showers:
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

God, I sound like the weatherman. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I did the last question and drew a circle of yellow people round a splooge meant to be Ireland.

\o/

Lol. You'll be alright for Geo on Monday then.

Gah. I was hoping the weather would stay brilliant for the whole summer. It's been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

[sarcasm]I think I failed my cspe, I should have done foundation level![/sarcasm]

Actually, now I think i'll just savour the moment by going "0mfg god yas!! I acederd it!!" as it will probably be my only time be able to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

I found certain parts of the paper challenging. I wasn't able to answer everything. Whereas in maths I had no problem and finished the exam quicker. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Laughably easy.Finished in 20 minutes.The hardest part was waiting 10 minutes before I could leave the hall and bask in sunshine.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

The paper was different from other years but every paper so far has been slightly strange,:o
    Still pure easy tho!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The women in the Dail, I basically said put a creche in Leinster House...god, can ya imagine it...interviews with the taoiseach and some kid screaming in the background..I just couldn't be bothered drawing..I finished after 35 minutes, but waited 10 cos I got given out to for walking out too early from my other exams..

I weas so tempted to answer "so they get out of the kitchen for a few hours" for "give a reason why there should be more women in the Dáil"

I almost suggested putting kitchens in the Dáil but I imagined the humiliation of getting a B in CSPE ; )

While writing I was inwardly thinking "Must...not...be...mysoginistic..."

Instead I think I was overly feminist, whoops :P And I wrote some stuff about the Chinese ying and tang and how there should be a balance between male and female energies to obtain perfect harmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I don't think I did the Dáil question, but for everything that said "Name something that YOUR CSPE class could do..." I said Fundraiser/Awareness day. And I went totally overboard with the rascim thing. I made up a bunch of rights, but I don't think they'll be able to tell the difference! Hah, it was fun. Well, as fun as an exam could be. Which doesn't mean that I didn't feel like laughing out loud every time I read a question, because they was so freaking ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

laughably easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I assume that was the most stressful exam of them all yeah? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

Deffo!

Jokin but sum ppl were worried over it, for some reason!

I thought it was the hardest exam so far except for maths, and I'm not joking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol... I really have to see this paper. Finally they are doing the subject justice and giving people proper political knowledge I hope...

Edit: having read it its a bit harder than last year, but its still a pisstake and something needs to be done about it... JC'ers should have to actually keep tuned in on current affairs to do well in the exam instead of coming in with nothing and getting an A anyway

Advertisement