Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuickTime movie

Options
  • 09-06-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

I have a QuickTime movie I want to put into a web page. It is just under 2mb in size and I would like a bar showing the loading progress of the movie. When the bar (or whatever) gets to 100% it disappears and the movie opens up.

does anybody know how to do this?? i am ok with html, not great so any "simple" advice on this would be much appreciated.

cheers
    moe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

does it have to be in quicktime format?

it's not possible to do a visible pre-loader for a .mov file as far as i know. Best bet is to import your movie into flash and then to use one of the template media players they have. This will provide a pre-loader and will also stream your clip for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i dont know if it would work well in flash. its a qtvr movie, a 360 degree interactive view of a room. i will give it a go anyway, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

have you looked in doing something AJAX related. I have seen on a few sites such as this one >> http://www.pageflakes.com/?source=518a267f-1363-4bbd-85f3-675d55ecac5f
    which contain ajax pre-loaders that wait untill the entire site is rendered before displaying any content. Not 100% sure if it would work with your .mov file but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i reckon i could use that ajax thing on anew page that only has the movie.. then it would load up the entire new page, including the movie, and then display.

hmmmm, be back soon!

cheers Rollo!

Advertisement