Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKINFUL Launch week

Options
  • 09-06-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Skinful launch their new single today 'Finding Myself' and their album 'Reality TV' next Friday.

Inbetween the launch dates the band are putting on their own 'Reality Tv' show in the window of Tower Records, Wicklow Street, Dublin. So keep an eye out for jugglers, Comedians, footballers in the area along with some very special guests.

Also if you buy a copy of the single you will enter a draw to win a Sony Playstation and game (thanks to the nice Sony people).

The band are having a big launch bash on Friday 16th in Crawdaddy.
    Doors 8pm
    ADM €10 on the night or available from
    The Sound Cellar
    or
    www.tickets.ie

www.skinful.eu
    www.myspace.com/skinful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

Hi Guys,

Skinful's 'Reality TV' Launch week has been going fantastically well, with celebrity guests, dancers, jugglers and much more happening in the window of Tower Records. 'The Breakfast Show' has grabbed a lot of attention with the band turning up in their pyjamas to have breakfast in the window. It sure has been an odd site to see them walking down Grafton St every morning. For the final 'Breakfast Show', tomorrow, even yours truly will be getting into the spirit of things by turning up in my dressing gown! You can catch some footage of the weeks happenings at www.skinful.eu

It looks like the band will go Top 40 with the single 'Finding Myself'. The final Chart placing will be announced tomorrow morning in the windowat about 1030 ish

It's not over yet though as this evening (show scheduled to happen between 530 - 7), our dear friend Stephen will be getting his front and back waxed.. (yes you read it right) live in the window. Money that Stephen raises from the event will go to the Charity 'i to i'. Are Skinful taking it a step to far? Is this obsenity or is it an artform? You can decide by being there this evening and witnessing Stephen either grimancing with pain or taking it like a man?!

This evening will also see the organisers of the European Juggling Convention bringing some jugglers, stilt walkers and much more down to Tower Records.

All in all it has been a great week with Tower Records selling out of 'Finding Myself' three times, media and record company interest and the band planning a National Tour. (Somehow I don't think it will be a conventional tour).

Tomorrow evening you can catch the band live in Tower Records before they head off for the 'Reality TV' album launch in Crawdaddy. Support comes from the amazing beatboxer 'White Noise' Doors are at 8pm. We would love to see you there.

Thanks for your time

nessymon

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

Hey,

Thanks to everyone who helped out 'Finding Myself' entered the Charts at number 26

Cheers

ness

Advertisement