Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinance Survey Historical Maps go live.

Options
  • 09-06-2006 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just aheads up from those who are interested in Cartography, the OS has its earliest maps live to view and download as pdf files, you have to buy time but if you always wondered about the land you lived on/owned it could be worth 15 euro for 3 days browsing. IE5.5 and upwards only unfortunately my copy of IE 6 wont display the pages (e-mail sent to OS tech desk :( )

http://www.osi.ie/

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

This is also available free in public libraries for library members :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Been using that site a few days now and got a good insight into Carlow town and certain areas I am researching, grand and handy, the only thing I would fault it on is the fact that once you zoom in close the image isnt as sharp or as crisp as the examples they give on the intro page :( and €24 to download an A4 sized section :confused: :rolleyes:

But other than that its ok, be interested to see the early 20th century maps once they get them up and running

http://www.irishhistoricmaps.ie/historic/

CroppyBoy1798

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 von Bismarck

did u know that Napoleon was the greatest map reader of all time? he could tell u, to the hour almost, how long it would take to cross a particular terrain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

did u know that Napoleon was the greatest map reader of all time? he could tell u, to the hour almost, how long it would take to cross a particular terrain!

Naismith's Rule. Obviously it ddn't work in Russia.:D

Advertisement