Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using digital camcorder to capture image from other camera

Options
  • 09-06-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I bought a 4kam (www.4kam.com). I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. How can I use the camcorder to capture the video from the 4kam and record it to tape using s-video ? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

thats adead link, a little more info please? what kind out outputs etc dies the 4kam have, can it be plugged into a TV for example via coax or composite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

it depends on what panasonic camera you have. if it has an analogue input then plug the 4kam into the input on the panny and put the camera into PLAYBACK mode. this should show the image from the 4kam (with a few menu tweaks) then, as far as i remember, u press record+play on the remote control and away u go!

let me know the model of the panny camera and i can tell u more.

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

its a Panasonic PV-DV701D (as on the label on the bottom ) digital camcorder

http://www.epinions.com/content_138987212420

thanks for the help!

yeah that camera does have an analogue input. the socket where u connect the cables to playback on your tv, thats the input socket as well. u need to get a cable to go from the 4kam to that socket (usually a mini-jack to phono connector).

if the 4kam has a yellow phono video cable coming out of it, buy a phono back to back (only a couple of euro) and use that to attach it to the cable u currently use to hook the camera to the tv.

ok, thanks,

then, set the camera to playback ? any idea of what tweeks I need to so in the Menu to get it to record to the tape then ?

thanks!!

• Advertisement

on any of the cameras i have used, yes its on playback mode. check the manual of the camera. it should just come through when u have it on playback mode. although that model (i think) is an american only camera so i dunno, it might be different. the manual should tell u how to do it!

moe

i got an image no on the screen, but because the camera is american, its black and white and with lines, I have an adapter that changes the video to s-video for the camera, could this be why? surely the little bullet camera doenst know if its ntsc or pal ?

also, i cant figure out how to record, i hit the record, i tried the record and play at the same time but no luck ?????

thanks!!

it could be the s-video thing yeah... dunno, try normal video first and see if that makes a difference. on the remote, there should be a button linked to the record button by a line above it.. see attachment.. its a button joined to another button, press those 2 at the same time. there could also be a second record button on the remote

moe

Advertisement