Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oily Skin

• 09-06-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Can anyone recommend any GOOD matifying lotions? The best I have tried so far is Boots no 7 and that only lasts about an hour! It's so irritating having to constantly blot away shine!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Hello Faerie!

I have quite oily skin myself and I have found nothing that stops the oilyness completely. I used to carry around a little book of blotting sheets (No. 17) and just brush one over the shiny areas when needed.

I find now that its summer, one can get away with shiny skin a lot more easily, as the dewy look is so in. If your skin is oily but you don't have too many blemishes, avoid wearing foundation. If you're the type of lady who can't put the bins out without makeup, change to a sheer, light coverage oil free foundation.

I find Roc does wonderful facewashes for oily to acne-prone skin- well worth checking out. Also, the Vichy Dermablend range have recently launched a product that reacts with the sebacious glands in the skin and significantly reduces the amount of sebum produced at night. This will sto pyour face looking so shiny during the day, too!

Avoid using moisturiser if you can help it. if you must, use Clean and Clear Oil Free moisturiser only. Using moisturiser, or any product that isn't oil free, will just aggravate your skin.

Also, although you've probably heard it before and felt like slapping the person who said it to you- it may just be your age, and you'll have to put up with it until you grow out of it.

I used to have this problem ALL the time.

Nivea oil-free moisturiser is the way to go. Best ever - seriously. It says something about how it gets rid of the oil all the time you're wearing it...

There's a "witch" facewash (it's blue), helps too. Use that then the nivea moisturiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Thanks! I've never tried nivea so I'll give it a go!

And SexyD4Lady I wish I would grow out of it! Unfortunately though my mother still has it...but at least it means I'll get very few wrinkles! :D

Advertisement