Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rollerblade

Options
  • 09-06-2006 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Can anybody suggest somewhere with good smooth tarmac/concrete for a bit of roller blading? Dublin area.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

any big carpark? the city centre streets ? depends on what sorta stuff you wanna do, you can blade from dun laoghaire to the city centre without any problems surface wise..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Try a couple of strand roads along Dublin bay, most have smooth walkways seperated for pedestrians and cyclists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Clontarf seafront isnt bad and its a pretty nice view as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Unfortunately most urban areas have been designated RFZ's (RollerBlading Free Zones) for years now. And on the off chance that you actually do find a designated RZ (Rollerblading Zone) Its really not worth the risk of rollerblading unless you have your ORL (Official Rollerblading License).

Bloody beauracrats ruining everybodys fun. Hope you get sorted shepherd.(8/10, sounds like a caring sort of guy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

They finally built a skating park in Shannon after years of protest, but that's no good to you. I can't believe there aren't any skating parks in Dublin. Sure there has to be!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bray Seafront?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i hear 1998 is a good place to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Try UCD, though watch out for skateboarders who mightn'd take a liking to seeing bladers in their territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Degsy wrote:
    Clontarf seafront isnt bad and its a pretty nice view as well.

That is pretty good I have to say. Nice view, wide enough path, and you have a fair few miles of it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

el rabitos wrote:
    i hear 1998 is a good place to go
    Lol :D

OP: You could try asking here, they'd probably know better.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Pheonix Park.. they've put in an astro turf path specifically for rollerblading on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Phoenix park, loads of roller bladers up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 seasurfer

Where's the astro place in the Phoenix Park then? Is it near the main gate, up NCR? Or the animal's #home#?

Advertisement