Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kilkenny + summer heat

Options
  • 09-06-2006 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

is it just me or does kilkenny smell really bad since we've had our major drought (a week is a long time!) cant go around the city streets without feeling sick by the stench coming from the drains.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've only noticed a stench out in the countryside... farm smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I notice it over Johns bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH, rivers anywhere smell when the water is low.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

High St smelt particularly bad this week. Around the lane by Supermacs which for some reason always smells like there's decomposing corpses up there. I really pity the people who live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Nightwish wrote:
    Around the lane by Supermacs which for some reason always smells like there's decomposing corpses up there.

:eek: (X Files Music) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's probably just piss

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Its no worse or better than any other town or city this time of year.
    The worst is obviously the weekend though- I don't think the Borough Council street cleaners work the weekends ( or perhaps with a reduced staff?) so obviously we then have problems- typical public service, a point blank refusal to move into the 21st century and away from the 9-5 workday; thats a thing of the past in the real commercial world now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I was out today, down near the library and it whiffed a bit.
    Then I realised it was the smell of hops from the brewery, always seems to be more noticeable when it's warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

Lump wrote:
    TBH, rivers anywhere smell when the water is low.

John

Yeah the stench in Galway during low tide beside the Corrib can be collected in nets and sold to tourists... :eek:

Advertisement