Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Transfer Rumours & General Chat

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Ye samba could be really good with nelsen in the back as they are both very big and we need a bit of height there, as Man city really gave us trouble with their height.

Warnock i think will be brilliant, good strong, reliable defender.

In terms of attendances, we are only a small town club and it is also happening across england with loads of clubs. Wigan only broke 20000 once this season! Only the top clubs fill the stadium on a regular basis.

The price of tickets needs to drop to a reasonable amount for fans of the smaller clubs to show and fill the seats.

Just wonder are any of you in the Irish Rovers ? Or have you ever been ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm worried about central midfield. I think the defence should be okay now. Khizanshivili, Nelsen and Warnock are a good nucleus and hopefully Samba will come good. It's disappointing to lose Ooijer as he was just settling in. I'm not sure about Henchoz TBH.

Lucas Neill is gone now too but the less said about that the better. He gave us some good years to the club but its disappointing the way he left.

It's disappointing that just as the team are plugging up last year's worrying areas (left back and right midfield), other areas of the team are suffering because of injuries.

I've heard Lee Hendrie mentioned but I wouldn't be happy to see him at Ewood. I wouldn't mind if Spurs wanted to let Danny Murphy go. Hopefully Hughes can sign someone for central midfield before the week is out. Losing Savage and Reid is terrible. This could be Tugay's last season too.

Ye central midfield is a worry, as Dunn get injured to easily and if he does then we are in real trouble. Savage is the engine of the squad, i never seen a player work so hard for the side and we really don't have anyone in reserve like that.

Mokoena is not having a good time lately, bad form.

I personally was happy when Neill left, i always found him to be a worry in our defence. On his day he was a very good defender but his form was so inconsistent that he gave away a lot of goals from silly mistakes! warnock in my opinion will be a better player than neill.

Hendrie is a disaster, very inconsistent and not a strong midfielder as we need. We've been linked with taccinardi on loan for the season. Would be a good signing as he would give us some steel in the middle and would let tugay and dunn do their stuff.

Not too bad a transfer window for us though, good signing so far in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:

The story with the attendances is that Blackburn is only a small town. I'm glad to see you're so worried about it though therecklessone.

I'm not worried, I'm perplexed that the usual formula of (decent football+relative success=bums on seats) doesn't seem to apply at Ewood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lemlin wrote:

For anyone interested, Budget are actually doing day trips over to Blackburn games for under a hundred euro.

To be honest, Budget would want to pay people a bit more then that to try and get people over to watch a Blacburn game. ;)

To be honest, Budget would want to pay people a bit more then that to try and get people over to watch a Blacburn game. ;)

Can't even spell BLACKBURN properly! Really destroys your jibe!

I've been having trouble sleeping recently but I just tuned into Sky Sports 1 this evening and the problem was all solved ;)

A Liverpool fan calling any other team boring is just comical.

Ye, could be a good signing, will give good competition in the left back position but i think he will only be backup as i see warnock being the main left back.

Good to have cover though! Do feel we are a bit light in the middle of midfield now though!

Ahh, i'm sure sparky knows best!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Looks like Hughes thinks that Bentley, Mokoena and Tugay are enough cover. A bit disappointing because I was hoping for someone on loan at least.

If another one of our central midfielders gets injured then we are in trouble.

3-0 loss to Chelsea last night and the problem looked to be the defence. I actually think Blackburn have done a full 360 degree turn in a matter of seasons - a few seasons ago Rovers couldn't attack and now they're having problems defending, where's the happy medium!!??

To look on the bright side, the team gave Chelsea a few problems and that was good. A win at home against Sheff United is a must now. The following game then is against Evertone. 6 points from both games would be great but I'd settle for 4.

The team have 6 games in 22 days from the 3rd of February (this Saturday) until the 25th so this is when the squad is really going to be tested.

On a plus, great to see Derbyshire called into the England U21 squad.

Have to agree on the defense issue, really weird! under souness we couldn't create a goal chance and under hughes we cannot seem to stop at our goal!

I think we have the making of a good defense in nelson, zurab, warnock, and samba - Just need time to gel.

This year we have really been unlucky against the big teams. Against arsenal we conceded 3 goals in the last 5 minutes before christmas, that made the game look more one-sided than it was. Same against chelsea, looks worse than the performance was.

Matty for full england cap next!!! :D Would be better than some of their strikers at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Barker

Signed for Pats yesterday any use?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/6272484.stm

Ryan Nelsen signs new contract

and sorry KDjac, I wasnt able to keep my usual track on Blackburn last season while doing my final year in college, so i cant say i have anything more pertinent than whats in wiki. Seems like he could be a decent goal scorer if given the chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Warnock better than Lucas Neill? Come on, you're having a laugh!

Hell ye, warnock is better than Neill.

He is a consistent and active defender while neill was a very inconsistent player.

More times i seen that muppet give away a goal due to him giving away silly balls.

Really did not like him as a player and was glad he left. Our defense has been rock solid with-out him.

Warnock has pace and can attack on the wing but he can also defend which neill could rarely do!

Advertisement