Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing around Sheephaven Bay

Options
  • 09-06-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Will be heading up Dunfanaghy direction as soon as I get a chance. Does anyone know where is good to surf around there and if there is anywhere that rents boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Board rental is very thin on a ground around NW Donegal.

The forum in http://www.irishsurfer.com/ might be of assistance, though they'll be pretty slow to divulge secrets spots in the area!

Magheraroarty is the only well-publicised break in the area, I believe it's listed in www.beachwizard.com.

PM me if you need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

cue wrote:
    Will be heading up Dunfanaghy direction as soon as I get a chance. Does anyone know where is good to surf around there and if there is anywhere that rents boards?

Yes - there's a good place just on the right past the Shandon hotel out by Marble Hill strand on Sheephaven. They do lessons too.

Assuming you're talking about windsurfing, this is. Sheephaven's good but you should really try up by Downings, it's very good place to surf.

If you want wavesurfing - Bundoran's the place to be, not Dunfanaghy. Only place I know there is at the tip of Fanad and I don't think they rent boards there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

civillian, can you rent windsufers at sheephaven

any idea of the charges

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Yeah, it is wave surfing I am looking for but thanks for the details on windsurf anyway as it may come in handy. The last time I was up there I went to a place called Dooey Strand in Gweebarra which was great but a bit too far away from where I will be staying, and I will have the kids with me so just wondering if there was anywhere nearer than that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

nanook wrote:
    civillian, can you rent windsufers at sheephaven

any idea of the charges

Yes - you can get lessons too and they have changing facities. Its on the right as you go north past Marble Hill strand, at the top of the hill.

074 9136231

Windsurfing equipment is pretty expensive to buy so I wouldn't be surprised if rental is €50 a day or more...

• Advertisement
Advertisement