Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History, German, Physics

Options
  • 09-06-2006 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

History is on Wednesday with German following on the Friday and Physics on the Monday after that.

Is everyone sorted for them cos I am not!!!

Lots of study needed for history though I am good at it so hopefully I can pull things out of my head quick enough as in the pre's/mock's timing was my main issue.

German will be a disaster. I'm doing honours level and I just want a C3...any tips????

Physics won't be too bad though I find the Maths parts hard enough as I am not very Maths minded like.

If anyone has any tips or comments...throw them up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SQgal

hey..u think ur sorted for history...im soo confused! i really need a B in it at least if ive any hope of my points.. im doing...topics..1 (compulsory) 2 (ire history) then democracy n dictatorship in europe and the last book (wots the name) oh....about EU and cold war??

wot u learning 4 each topic..please help! thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I only do physics out of those 3 and i have the weekend before it to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'd love to get an A in it cos its my fav subject like!

In Irish History I will study:
    -1918 Election - WT Cosgrave - Dev - Security of the State in 1930's and 40's
    Dictatorship and Democracy:
    -Hitlers Rise to Power - Mussolini's Rise and time in power - Stalin and development of Russia in the inter-war years - and a little bit on Britain in wartime just in case!

Division and Realigment of Europe:
    -Oil Crisis of 1973 - Fall of Communism in Europe - Hungarian Uprising and its consequences - European Unity

Don't forget the document questions, there are three case studies to look over for those but I don't know them off hand now sorry!!!

At least with History we have the pre-submitted research study done and that's 25% in the bag if you do a good one.

Hope that helps you out.

whassupp2 wrote:
    I only do physics out of those 3 and i have the weekend before it to prepare.

What are you studying for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Fabio wrote:

-Hitlers Rise to Power - Mussolini's Rise and time in power - Stalin and development of Russia in the inter-war years - and a little bit on Britain in wartime just in case!

-Oil Crisis of 1973 - Fall of Communism in Europe - Hungarian Uprising and its consequences - European Unity

Don't forget the document questions, there are three case studies to look over for those but I don't know them off hand now sorry!!!

At least with History we have the pre-submitted research study done and that's 25% in the bag if you do a good one.

Hope that helps you out.

Are you not going to study the 1916 rising..? It is the anniversary and all like... I dunno. I hate it when things like this happen. Because you never know if that is TOO obvious or not... I hate trying to predict papers! I always feel like I am taking a MASSIVE risk... But I don't have enough time to do everything...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'm freaking put about German on friday :o

- Make sure you know all grammar associated with the weather and the news for the tape work. Also, general phone conversations and expressions of shock, anger delight ect.

- If you're doing the letter - prepare good startings and endings to impress the corrector.

- Practice compehensions.

- Have a look through the exam papers and know how to answer all the grammar questions.

- Have about 20 topics covered for the Ausserung Zum Theama...although there's not much time now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Fabio wrote:

Hope that helps you out.

I'm hoping to cram most of that...except your Irish History, gonna do 1916 rising and fall of parnell I think.....oi I havem't a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i do german and physics. i should be grand for german. as mentioned above, revise all vocabulary to with the weather. also accidents (road or other), injuries and although it sounds basic - numbers. if you get one number wrong in the phone call part of the aural, you get the whole number wrong. remember that the ausserung is only 25 marks and the letter is 50! if i think of anything else, i'll let you know. do you have a weakest part of the paper?

i won't talk about physics :o

The Grammar is my weakest spot for German, always has been! The Ausserung Zum Thema...well I did 5 fir homework but the teacher never said to learn them off nor did we learn any phrases or vocab during the year or 6 years we had her!!! What we know we've only picked up long the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Fabio wrote:
    What are you studying for it?

The following is courtesy of Physics Teacher from an old thread:

At this stage you should be preparing for Physics as laid out in the summary:

1. Definitions: Learn them inside out.
    2. Formulae: Know each formula, know what each symbol stands for and the units of each quantity.
    3. Demonstrations: In Section B, you will not be asked about the mandatory experiments. However, you will be asked to describe an experiment to demonstrate something. Every demonstration experiment needs to be learnt. Your answer just needs a diagram and about 6 lines (max.) of explanation.
    4. STS: Applications of Physics in the everyday world. Just read the STS in the notes (no need to learn in any great detail). They just want one or two word answers. Example: Give an application of the Doppler effect. Answer: Speed traps
    Note: One STS in heat that should be learnt very well is the heat pump.
    5. Proofs: None in heat
    6. FAQ’s: The same questions on heat tend to come up year after year. I have picked out the faq’s and given model answers.
    7. Experiments: This is section A. You do not have to learn the experiment as they do not ask you to write it out. Just read your experiment and familiarise yourself with it. They may ask some experimental detail as to how you found the mass of ice for example. The most important stuff you need is in the summary:
    [A] Learn the fully labelled diagram for every experiment.
    Know the suitable graph or formula.
    [C] Know some errors and precautions.

http://www.studentxpress.ie/heat.pdf

Predictions:

Section A (Experiments)
    Velocity of sound
    Newton's Secons Law (F = ma)

Section B
    Modern Physics (something on X-rays)
    Electricity [long question on electromagnetism - Faraday's and Lenz's Laws (Definitions and demos) + problem]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

For physics concentrate on Coulombs Law and Linear accelerated motion. Period of a pendulum might be on as well

Advertisement