Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for student in need

• 10-06-2006 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey I'm a student in dublin looking to get a good broadband connection that wont blow all my money. I'm thinking 512 to a meg. Any suggestions. I was looking at ripwave from ibb but after bout 30 sec looking at some of the threads i've decided against it. It was appealing as there was no limit, which would be handy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Digiweb is a good start.. There Metro service..

http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drogfood

check these out for all the broadband providers in the country - a cool little site which'll save you a fortune www.switch4.ie

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

drogfood wrote:
    check these out for all the broadband providers in the country - a cool little site which'll save you a fortune www.switch4.ie

If you want to advertise, pay for it.

Sitebanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Are you limited by your accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Digiweb have metro lite for 20 euro a moth with no line rental. You also get phone and have to change your number. Although their phone service is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hotdog

Cheers for the help. I live at home but i need to pay for this with my cc. I just dont want to get stuck with a bad connection, gotta get in on this counterstrike action, as well as study... I'll have a look at the digiweb stuff and see what the crack is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

NTL BB 1m for €20 per month.

You will need to also get NTL's basic analogue TV service (€20 also). You don't need a phone line, you can also get faster speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If Smart are available to you and changing your number is not an issue then that is your best option: www.smarttelecom.ie 3Mb for 35 euros including line rental.

Advertisement