Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quieter car etc

Options
  • 10-06-2006 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm new to this board and I was just looking for a bit of advice.

Regarding exhausts, I know there are ones to make the car a bit louder but are there any available to make cars a bit quieter without impacting the performace too much?

I've been toying with the idea of a set of shiney new alloys but I'm a bit worried about the stories of buckling and cracking I've heard. Are there any types available that are more reliable/resistant?

This question has probably been asked a million times but has anyone got the exact tolerances on window tinting?

Thanks in advance and it's great to meet you all here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Welcome and er I have' t a clue about quiet exhausts! As a rule the OEM system is the most civilised and cheap replacement units as sold by Kwik-fit etc are noisier.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What are you driving? WRT the alloys and exhaust, there may be aftermarket companies who make performance parts specifically for your car; i.e. BMW have Alpina, AC Schnitzer, Hamann and the own M-tech, Merc have AMG and Brabus, VAG use another one whose name I can't remember, Mugen for Honda.......

For quietening your exhaust you could try a company called CA Automotive - they supply a lot of different exhaust types. I can't remember their contact details, but there is some info about them on www.bmw-driver.net/forum

As for window tinting, anyone fitting the tint professionally should know. A lot of cars come from the factory with a slight tint already, so I would assume that that would need to be taken into account.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Thanks for the replies, sorry I didn't get back earlier - just didn't have time.

@Fey, I'm driving a '94 Nissan Sunny 1.4LX - not a BMW certainly! She's in perfect condition so I'm just looking to do her up a bit.

@Mike, I'll check out that tinting section today.

Thanks again!

Advertisement