Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sober Lane

Options
  • 10-06-2006 9:44am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this new pub? What do you think of it?

I was there last night and I thought it was great. Nice big smoking room (Not very well ventilated though) and live music. Only problem was that the table we were sitting at was very broad, so conversation was kind of limited to your neighbours.

Recommended!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I should imagine it was, if the table was abroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

where is it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Down from Chorus, right across from Parliment Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Faith wrote:
    Nice big smoking room (Not very well ventilated though)

Is the point of a smoking room not to inhale toxic fumes? So whats the point in providing sufficient ventilation? An extractor fan would only remove the addictive toxicity. If anything, I pity the poor bastard that has to clean the room out.

Cheers for the heads up on the new pub though, I'll have to visit.

No, the point of a smoking room is to provide a legal sheltered place to smoke. When smoking cigarettes, one's not normally attempting to hotbox the room! There's nothing to be gained from inhaling the fumes over and over again. Sufficient ventilation is just more pleasant! I also pity whoever has to clean it because I'd say the smoke lingers!

I think the pub is going to become my local Friday night haunt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Reef

It is a mighty smoking room, i was in there all weekend playing foosball. it is nice not to feel like a leper just because i am a smoker. its cool the way that there is no music in there so you can go out for a chat and chill out. where else in town has a good smoking room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Faith wrote:
    Down from Chorus, right across from Parliment Bridge.

Which one's Parliament Bridge again? I know very few street names :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Aah, what a fancy reply! Thank you muchly.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

It's very young in there!

• Advertisement

Kazbah wrote:
    It's very young in there!

Excellent, somewhere for me and my trendy firends (we're just so hip) to hang out. Is it really fancy and shiny in there- places like that freak me out a little bit...

Nope, it's casual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SoberLane

it is very difficult to get feedback so i hope you dont mind me eavesdropping. Glad you liked the smoking room. ventilation is a tough one as you dont want to be blasted out by the noise of fans. we tried to strike a balance. suprised to here that someone thought it was young, im 24 and most of the customers would be my age . Thank you for the interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

24 passes for a young crowd? *Shudders* ;)

SoberLane wrote:
    it is very difficult to get feedback so i hope you dont mind me eavesdropping. Glad you liked the smoking room. ventilation is a tough one as you dont want to be blasted out by the noise of fans. we tried to strike a balance. suprised to here that someone thought it was young, im 24 and most of the customers would be my age . Thank you for the interest

Oh wow! Someone noticed!

Since I started this thread and encouraged people to go there, can I have special privileges at the bar? ;)

I wouldn't have said it was young either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SoberLane

of course ill hook you up

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Was in there, the one crowd I try to avoid were in there, the CBC rugby crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Was in there, the one crowd I try to avoid were in there, the CBC rugby crowd!
    at least it wasn't the boys from Prez

Advertisement