Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry users

• 10-06-2006 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are many blackberry users out there.

Thinking of setting up a site/usergroup/forums/wiki for irish bb users. When I first got one I found it hard to get help with o2 ireland specific issues etc..

Anybody interested. I'm happy to set up/host. Nothing too fancy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I have a 7290 I bought of ebay. I wanted it to replace my ipaq for PIM as I liked the idea of having built in keyboard, stable os, single handed use, good battery life and phone if i need it. I put a prepaid sim into it hoping I could go online when i wanted and get to odd email if i wanted to. Turns out blackberries cannot get any online access without signing up to 12 mth b'berry contract. Don't know if i want to commit to that.
    Do you know if O2 contract allows unlimited access to any wap sites or what. Heard somewhere that you are still charged for GPRS so why bother connecting without GPRS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Its giving me all my browsing for free and it downloads it over gprs. I think what they mean by the gprs charging is that if you tether up your bb to your laptop and use it for heavy internet browsing they will charge you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Thanks for that.
    Do you use yours for personal or work or both. What network are you with, O2?

I'm with o2.

Mostly personal. BTW one thing on my advice re: charging. This is based on personal experience. I've gotten 15 different answers from various people on o2 as to what their official policy is on what they do and dont charge for.

In practice they aren't charging me for any gprs usage, but I'm betting if my usage went high enough to attract somebodies attention they might chance sending me a bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Throw my name in there if you are starting up a group
    Have a few of them myself and rotate them from time to time :D
    7290/7230/7100v(x2)!!!
    Regarding the charges, they recently sent out a mail saying that they will be starting to charge if people are using it as a modem for laptop usage. Dunno what the charges etc were, but I dont use it much with my laptop, but all browsing on the Berry and all email is just a fixed charge per month regardless of usage

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sounds interesting. Part of my job was to administer our BES - we've a good few 7100v (Vodafone) & 1 7100x

Wolfman, which network are u with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I'm on O2 also

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

...anywhere in Dublin that does them, even though I've 7100 with Vodafone would find a folded keyboard very useful

Advertisement