Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

repeating subjects!!

• 10-06-2006 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

ok i know this a bit early but if i fail lets say 2 subjects, can i go back and repeat them and keep my remaining subjects and add them altogether next year......

and can i take up a new subject along with my 2 old ones, i really need to know im freaking out that i will end up doing nothing for the rest of my life:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I know you can do that for maths.. however I think that may be the only subject. But I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

Shrimp wrote:
    I know you can do that for maths.. however I think that may be the only subject. But I'm not sure.
    i know a guy that came back to do engligh again so maybe its only one subject and one subject only ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I was like that too last year thinking I had failed Maths and German and I ended up passing both of them. I got Ds in both of them though so I decided to repeat everything.

You can definitely repeat maths on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I think it will depend on the college.

I think some only count points earned in one sitting, but count all subjects you've ever passed for matriculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

lets say i got more than enough points for my course in the 6 out of the 7 subjects i do but i failed just maths... could i just come back and do that subject? and work away for the rest of the year and just do maths every now and again and get grinds when it came close to next years leaving.. im just askin because if i do fail maths im screwed for all my courses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You can repeat any number of subjects, but some colleges require that your points must be achieved in a single sitting. I know DCU do this, don't know about the others. Check their matriculation requirements

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

you can repeat the subjects but cant add points from one year and the next, so you'd only neeed to repeat them if you need the subjects to get into a course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

because if i do fail maths im screwed for all my courses

Yeah, almost every god damned course regardless of wtf it is, need at least a OD3 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

dcarroll wrote:
    you can repeat the subjects but cant add points from one year and the next, so you'd only neeed to repeat them if you need the subjects to get into a course

This sucks though, cause it means you waste a year, not in school, or college, then have to resit your maths test! A whole year wasted, even if you get a job etc.... Most people are either in school or college, and your left waiting around for 265 days to resit a paper you failed to get into your course :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

i think that there is a course in one of the dits (maybe dundalk) and it is just a repeat of the maths course instead of paying for the tute or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ok i know this a bit early but if i fail lets say 2 subjects, can i go back and repeat them and keep my remaining subjects and add them altogether next year......

and can i take up a new subject along with my 2 old ones, i really need to know im freaking out that i will end up doing nothing for the rest of my life:(
    no i dont think cao accept results from 2 seperate years. you cant cut and paste your reults to maximise marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

ok if i get into college lets say limerick and i want cork can i do a year in limerick and get transfered to cork the following year!! i kno sum1 who did that but dont know how??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Your points have to be from a single sitting, you're matriculation requirements can be spread out. Like, if I failed french I could just do a french exam next summer for entrance to UCD.

Advertisement