Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Tables

Options
  • 10-06-2006 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what formulas for area and volume (Ordinary Level) are in the tables cos I had a sheet on it, but am after losing it. I can remeber some but not all of them.. Thanks! :)

Comments

You do know that you are entitled to request maths tables in the exam? Page 6 & 7 are where they all are.

Plus, what objects do you want the area and volume for?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

I know that, but theres some that aren't in the tables.. Which formulas are not in the tables??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zeuz

expand on your question then ??? But most of the formula's are on 7;9;41;42

Ok, Ill put it this way... Which formulas for area and volume are in the tables and which formulas for area and volume do we need to learn off before we go in??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 2dizzylizzie

just buy a copy of the tables in you local book shop!! there only like a euro! but anyway, the main ones that arent in it are the volume of a hemisphere and the trig formule for getting area :) not much, plus just half the sphere formule for volume and you have the hemisphere formule!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

the ones not in the tables are:

length of arc

area of arc

surface area of a cube

total surface area of a cylinder

total surface area of cone

vol. of hemisphere

surface area of hemisphere

perimeter of a rectangle

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

length of arc
    area of arc
    (/QUOTE]

I think the length of an arc and the area of a sector are in the tables.

length of arc
    area of arc
    (/QUOTE]

I think the length of an arc and the area of a sector are in the tables.

the area one is but in an unusual radians format, while the easier alternative of
    angle divided by 360 x (pie (r)squared)

length is not there

• Advertisement

Nope, I'm looking at the formula for the length of the arc of a circle with radius r right now on page 6 of the tables, top of the page.

Myth wrote:
    Nope, I'm looking at the formula for the length of the arc of a circle with radius r right now on page 6 of the tables, top of the page.

yes but are o.l. students familiar with radians? i did h.l. till the mocks so im not sure of the full course.

Advertisement