Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Ways Of Revision

• 10-06-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I really need to revise History. I don't want to use my exam papers so I am printing out a load of History Exam papers off the net. I am looking over the answers whilst they are printing. When they are done, I am going to look at the questions and try to remember the answers. The I will fill in all the ones I know and look at the answers to the ones I don't. Then I am going to learn the off. Is this a good way to revise? If not, can you please suggest more ways to revise. I don't want to use the less stress book because in my opinion, it is useless for hsitory.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

hmm its a bit late now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Jakkass wrote:

Better late than never:D . Sure I have a couple of days yet. Should get most of the important info in the aul head. Just have to do the same with Geog and Science and I am laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

For history, just go over the frequently asked essay question like Magellan's voyage, life in a medievel monastery/castle, the cold war.

BMH wrote:
    For history, just go over the frequently asked essay question like Magellan's voyage, life in a medievel monastery/castle, the cold war.

Thanks for the pointers lads. I have gone to the e-xamit website and have copyed and pasted some of all of the 2005 essays to my word pad. I am going to print them out now and read over them.
    The Medival stuff might not come up as much this year, cus it was done heavly last year!

So you reckon that it might not be that popular this year. Ehh.... Would you have any predictions on what the essays might be this year. I know that you can't say for sure, but if you coul give me a rough idea in the areas to revise, I would be very greatful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I think something about a craftsman could come up as it hasn't been up in ages. (in the Q4 part)

• Advertisement

We were told to watch out for both plantations and the famine in question 5.

Something about Ancient Rome could also come up as I don't think it's come up in a while.

I don't want to use my exam papers

Why not?

Also, don't concentrate too much on the stuff that came up last year, as I doubt they'd as the same things two years in a row.

Jello wrote:
    Something about Ancient Rome could also come up as I don't think it's come up in a while.

Why not?

Also, don't concentrate too much on the stuff that came up last year, as I doubt they'd as the same things two years in a row.

Because most of the answers are wrong in it. I just never bothered changing them. So I am printing out the previous ones off the net. Then i am filling in the answers and looking back over them. I am not really foccusing on 2005, just the short questions. I am more looking at the 2004, and 2003 exam papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

Our teacher said the plantations or the reformation for question 5

And have Hitler, and social changes for question 6!:rolleyes:

disney wrote:
    Our teacher said the plantations or the reformation for question 5

And have Hitler, and social changes for question 6!:rolleyes:

It is looking good for the plantations then. But I don't have a clue about them, so I must look over it.

• Advertisement

Just out of curiousity, what is everyone else doing for History. What essays are you most focusing your attention on?

We are only doin 1 plantation (ulster)

Thats wat our teacher said and he is a legend!

As far as Iremember for question 4 life of a monk in a MEDIEVAL MONESTARY cud be a good one to check out. Not entirely sure tho!:o

Thanks. I am looking over that monk one, I taught it looked promising myself.

Well whatever you do dont get mixed up between the early monestary and the medievel monestary!!! ;)

disney wrote:
    Well whatever you do dont get mixed up between the early monestary and the medievel monestary!!! ;)

Theres a difference, lol?

YES!!!!

And a really big one at that!!!
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, you'll either get asked a monastery from early Christian Ireland or the Middle Ages, big difference.

BMH wrote:
    Yeah, you'll either get asked a monastery from early Christian Ireland or the Middle Ages, big difference.

One wise "fella" (as he likes to say hmself!!!)

Take note and listen VERRRRRY carefully!!!!:p

Yeah the early Christian Ireland monks were the ones living out on the Skeilig islands in Kerry and that kinda thing.

The others lived in big monasteries and did stuff like writing in scriptoriums..and of course, praying and praying and praying and praying...................what a waste of a life.

The Irish were the ones more enclined to pray their holes off.
    Benedictines were lax with rules and in the end became rich and corrupt from being sponsered by lords.

• Advertisement

u seem like a very holy person!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Jakkass wrote:

you tihnk that's late, I'm leaving about half the course till the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I might go over some stuff, but we went over the course twice between the final two weeks and the block classes. My history teacher is a Northern god :D

Advertisement