Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Heatsink

Options
  • 10-06-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok I don't know if this is possible, but i'm looking inside my case and there is a lot of space that is going unused. Is there anywhere out there I could get a huge heatsink for my chipset, south bridge and CPU that would fill my whole case, I don't mind having the side panel off or installing 1 or 2 quite 120mm fans on the side to blow air onto it. Also is there anywhere to get a big heatsink for the GPU?

Anyone know if this is feasible or practical? I mean surely the size of the heatsink is proportional to the ammount of heat dissipation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JakTheHat

Try Quietpc.com. They usually have a good selection and are quite reasonable.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

L31mr0d wrote:
    Ok I don't know if this is possible, but i'm looking inside my case and there is a lot of space that is going unused. Is there anywhere out there I could get a huge heatsink for my chipset, south bridge and CPU that would fill my whole case, I don't mind having the side panel off or installing 1 or 2 quite 120mm fans on the side to blow air onto it. Also is there anywhere to get a big heatsink for the GPU?

Anyone know if this is feasible or practical? I mean surely the size of the heatsink is proportional to the ammount of heat dissipation?

:D

Are you asking for a Heatsink that will cover the whole inside of your PC?

Allthough it would be good if such a thing was available its not possible with any current board.......

The chipset and CPU are different heights and the chipset is near the PCI slots so it would obstruct GFX cards and whatnot..........

The sheer weight of a HSF that big would also buckle the strongest mobos and cases......

As for a GFX card HSF get a NV silencer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The Scythe ninja is a pretty huge heatsink, overclockers.co.uk sell them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

you can modify most cpu hsf's to fit a gpu. bit od drilling and filing involved, gives great temps though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement