Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Sport Shower (Low Pressure)

Options
  • 10-06-2006 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi , having a problem with two mira showers here over the last few weeks.

When the thermostat is put onto a high temp, the low pressure light comes on the only way to sort that is to turn the temperature onto a higher level. The same goes for when it's set to "Cool" again you must set the shower to a higher temperature in order for it to work
    But the shower downstairs (Number 3) works fine as its gravity fed.

When the problem first occured I cleaned out the filter on the water input
    to the unit, (there was a limescale buildup on the filter) this seemed to solve the problem for a couple of days and the problem re-occurred, i then called in
    the professionals, he did the exact same thing i had done and charged me 75euro for the priviledge and i'm back to square one:(

I had connected an outside tap (off the mains) about a year ago i'm wondering if this is creating a low pressure throughout the house? but
    the plumber dismissed this after he looked at it saying it was fine

Would I be better off replacing the showers at this stage or would it be better to install some sort of pump on the line to ensure there's a higher
    pressure, but it seems highly unlikely that two shower units would go exactly the same time.

I'm wondering would there be a limescale build up on the internal workings of the units? i'm thinking of putting a limescaler through the shower unit to see
    if that would sort it out :D

This appears to be a common problem with shower units any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

a pint of plain is yer only man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sparkyjo

i take it its a mains fed shower you probably have a drop off in presure when the mains coming in drops off in pressure you could try a pump but only if the shower unit is able to handle a higher pressure of water through it i know its not a great solution but would you not change to a pumped electric shower at least that way a drop off in mains pressure doesn't effect you and if you are having limescale problems are you sure the element chamber isn't covered with it cause this could be a big problem sorry if this doesn't help to much

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Thanks for the info sparkyjo,

I had put limescale remover through the shower using a straw on the
    inlet:D just to see if it would make a difference - not a thing

i'm going to take the easy option and replace the showers with new pumped units as i hope to rent the place out soon and i couldn't have this problem ongoing

Thanks again

a pint of plain is yer only man

Advertisement