Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get my first tattoo done soon,but am under 18..

Options
  • 10-06-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ive always wanted to get a tattoo done, since my cousin has a baby devil on her right boob,but the hook is im not 18 yet will be next year,but is there some way of getting a permison of somebody over 18 to say tht u cn have a tattoo if your under 18?! A lot of under 18s have tats but i dnt know where they had them done..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Just get a friend of yours to do it with some indian ink and a sewing needle just make sure they're good at art and it'll turn out fine.

Or alternatively you can read the charter for more ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

you should get someone deadly at art to draw it on you repetitevely over a space of a month and see if you still think its hot stuff, its a good laugh

any skin is tattooable but theres an age limit for a reason and you shouldn't get one unless your happy with it ya know
    think of how much you've changed in your last 3 years, and your not even 18 yet so think of how much your gonna change in the next 2... im personally gonna wait until im 21 and get one as a milestone piece of how much i've learned in the last 6 years or so , but thats just me personally ! who knows what amazing art i might find in the mean time ...

what are you thinking of getting done? where? colour? black and grey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

I have never understood this mentality.
    I don't think any reputable tattoo parlour would tattoo someone under 18.

You will have it FOREVER, what difference will having it now make other than a possible crappy job that will last forever, and the kudos from your friends for being "deadly".

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

The kind of place that will ink someone under 18 is really not the kind of place you want to go for your tattoo.
    You'll be 18 next year. Why not save your cash until then and celebrate your 18th with some fabulous ink somewhere like Snakebite?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I agree completely with Phenobarbidoll, this is something will be going on your body for life, and your body is still gonna be there next year! I've wanted a tattoo now for the last 5 years, but held off, making sure that I had picked out a few designs that I liked and held onto them. Some I went off, some i didn't. So I finally got a tattoo done, and I had held onto that design for two years and still love it.

Point being, you can find a design and like it, but a few months later you might look at it again and think "I liked this?". Like I said, your body isn't going anywhere, hold off, go somewhere with a good reputation and get a quality piece done, rather than some cowboy/girl who'll leave you with something that you may regret, or that doesn't look as good as you hoped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

Hi, I'm topher182s common sense. I generally dont get out much as was obvious from the original version of this post. I can only presume that the rest of topher182's brain was trying to be funny or sarcastic. However, what the rest of topher182's brain doesnt realise is that even joking, that kind of advise is not encourage and not allowed.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

Yes, cos that's exactly the kind of attitude we want to foster in the modified community Topher. :rolleyes:

Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Agree with DamoElDiablo - I had a design for two years before getting it done. And getting a tattoo on a boob is a bit sad imo, she's probably going to hate it after a few years.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im locking this--Read the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement