Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siren?

Options
  • 10-06-2006 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear that Air raid type siren? Does it have any purpose? Pretty loud here in Killester.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

So it's stopped now. Not the first time I've heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I think its the fire alarm down in the docks, We used to hear it every now again in school (Pauls)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

There's a sireny thing that goes off every day in the Rathmines/Rathgar area at about lunch time. I've come to the conclusion that it must be some sort of signal that's used by the barracks in Rathmines. Would there be anything similar in the Killester area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Dude, that was me.

I was walking through Killester with my air horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

The Fire Brigade had an excercise today in the docks so it was probably that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

could have been the quarry in Feltrim. bit far maybe but the wind could have carried it. they use a siren when there using explosives. i use to live not so far from there, in kinsealy. when it was tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Listen to Jonnybadd, for he has revealed all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There's a sireny thing that goes off every day in the Rathmines/Rathgar area at about lunch time. I've come to the conclusion that it must be some sort of signal that's used by the barracks in Rathmines. Would there be anything similar in the Killester area?
    They test their siren at noon on Fridays.

Advertisement