Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best way to bring a car across water??

Options
  • 10-06-2006 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Thought the title would get some attention. Im looking at getting a car from the uk and was just wondering which ferry companys operate the seas. so far its irish ferries,but theyr nice and exspensive.
    All help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Sten Line also operate several services. Where are you buying, and where have you to bring it back to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Theres also Norfolkline or something along them lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Looks like it will be in and around yorkshire. Ill be bringing back another citroen ax or pug 106 gti. so far the one way ticket is around 110.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

sorry to jump on the your thread - is there some1 you can pay to go and collect a car for u and drive it back?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

@Smithers, yes there are people you can pay. Don't know any company names. but my dad paid a guy 350. That was collection in London and dropped to door in Laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

cheers, thats not a nad auld price, considering taking a day off work - food, petrol, flight , ferries and i suppose the throught of less hassel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

350 isn't much at all.

Ferry, flights, fuel, local transport, etc would easily cost the guts of €250.

I regularly go over to London, combining a trip I was taking anyway and that would just about make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Looks like it will be in and around yorkshire. Ill be bringing back another citroen ax or pug 106 gti. so far the one way ticket is around 110.

http://www.norsemerchant.com/index.asp are approx €90 one way (€120 July/August) Liverpool-Dublin. It's an 8 hour crossing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I brought a car back last year and I think it was about 140 all in,passenger over and car back. Only took an hour too from Dublin port. Very pleasant it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Assuming you want to travel through Dublin.

http://www.dublinport.ie/Ferries.html#list

• Advertisement

shouldv made it clearer,yes dub would be prefarable-but not a neccessity. wexford could work too-if the saving outweighed the extra fuel cost.
    John r -cheers,ill check them out. It seems to be the avg figure of between 100-150 depending.

just checked out their site- 59 sterling one way from lpool. Perfect!

Advertisement