Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon trilogy (for mac)

Options
  • 10-06-2006 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Any fans of the trilogy? For me it remains the best fps of all time, with a dark atmosphere and great style. I can still play it and not know how to finish some levels. The storyline was detailed too. I also think the 4th game is pretty good too, much easier though.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played a bit of it recently. Apart from some poor opening levels its a great game. Way ahead of its time. The engine was far more impressive than the Doom engine and had loads of features of the Build engine years before it came out. Music was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

durandal wrote:
    I also think the 4th game is pretty good too, much easier though.

You mean Halo, right? :)

I fired up Marathon on the Aleph One engine a while back. It was like going back in time to Doom days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 durandal

No, not marathon rubicon. It was easier to complete but it did have a couple of new weapons like a fusion rifle and microwave laser beam.

The power of seven did the theme songs for the middle two games, both were just brilliant, I can't get it to work on pc though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I never heard of Marathon Rubicon before now, but I see that it's a fan-created scenario for the Marathon Infinity engine from their web site.

I wish I had more time to actually play the game via Aleph One. I discovered it via Halo, halo.bungie.org and the Marathon Story Page. I spent a couple of weeks going through that site reading all the terminals and discovering the rich storyline from the games. That's really what makes Bungie stand out for me, and they've continued that with the Halo games.

I wonder will they re-do Marathon for XBox Live Arcade? That would be great :)

Ciarán.

Advertisement