Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Religion

• 10-06-2006 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

What's coming up in this year's exam? Any ideas at all?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ha ha ha, religion :D

Q.1 "tell me how great god is"
    Q.2 "List the 10 commandments"
    Q.3 "the catholic church is always right.... discuss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

omg what the hell did they actually bring in a leaving cert religion exam
    o_O thats absolutely, ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

What happens if you do religion and music? are they not at the same time? there has to be people who do both??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

imagine failing religion :D

do you get barred from churches or something :)

has to be the easiest subject to pass, i mean it's all based on hocus pocus stuff that nobody can prove so it's easily bluffable.

every answer has to be right unless you go in talking about the devil :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Two of my mates put down religion on them sheets we all had to fill out saying what levels we are doing for the craic. They had to hand in a project of some kind i think a few weeks back. They are both doin music but I think music is on in the mor & religion on in the afternoon. If you have two exams on at the same time you do the 1st one then you wait behind for an hour with the examiner then you have your 2ed exam but you cant leave ur centre.

EDIT:
    exam paper
    http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2005/LC223ALPO00EV.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

I did it for my junior cert in my old school, we did a mock for the department and had to fill in a questionaire at the end saying how we thought it was . i got an A in the mock, you had to draw a picture of a "room of reflection" for one of the questions!!
    but then i think i got cocky and got a B in the jc!
    still easiest grade i got!

wish my new school did it! but then i'd be in the predicament of doing music and religion!
    what do people do then?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 emmet101

Hey, all jokes aside, religion isn't that easy. All through 5th and 6th year me and my friends were getting As and Bs in the tests and the we only got low Cs in the mocks! And we never got any past or sample papers from the Dept. Its a freakin joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mordecai

it's all about philosophy of religion isn't it? theology, i suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Just looked at that exam paper... It aint no walk in the park that paper is hard
    Imagine Socrates and the Sophists were alive today
    and taking part in a TV chat show.
    Based on your knowledge of the thinking of Socrates
    and the Sophists -
    a. What questions about life do you think they would raise in today’s world?
    (40 marks)
    b. What views do you think they would hold on these questions? (40 marks)
    SECTION J RELIGION AND SCIENCE
    “Religion without science is blind; science without religion is lame…” – Albert Einstein
    Discuss this statement with reference to points of similarity and points of difference
    between religion and science.
    (80 marks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

To be honest I got an A at JC religion. I hated it. But that's beacsue it was all about mass. I'd be interested in the philosophical side of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NADA wrote:
    To be honest I got an A at JC religion. I hated it. But that's beacsue it was all about mass. I'd be interested in the philosophical side of it!
    LMAO! you had to do religion in JC? haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I'm not a religious person at all, I don't believe in a God, but I would have liked to study this subject. It's more or less philosophy and bibilical studies, which is - in many ways - just an sub-catagory of history and English. In my opinion, you're not really educated (in the old sense of the word) unless you can quote and draw upon the bible and its stories. It looks like a challenging course with a challenging paper; if I repeat, which I'm almost positive I won't, I'll be looking to take this course. I'd imagine, if you put some enthusiasm into it, it could prove rather fulfilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 emmet101

Just looked at that exam paper... It aint no walk in the park that paper is hard

What exam paper? Mock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

smemon wrote:

has to be the easiest subject to pass, i mean it's all based on hocus pocus stuff that nobody can prove so it's easily bluffable.

Actually its not that easy to pass, the morality sections are quite hard. i used to teach it and studied it for 4 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

You should be able to get the text of the Oxford Debates on-line. They discussed the dilemma regarding the co-existence of science and religion as well as creationism and the origns of life. They are quite logical, divided into pro and con and will be handy when preparing exam questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Njamin

smemon wrote: »

You are my friend an idiot. The religion course requires actually thought process not just trivial memory skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Njamin

Njamin wrote: »
    smemon wrote: »

You are my friend an idiot. The religion course requires actually thought process not just trivial memory skills.
    *actual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Please don't drag up 5 year old threads!!

Or abuse other posters, for that matter.

I suggest you read the Boards FAQs and the forum charter befor posting here again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement