Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quality of TV coverage

• 10-06-2006 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Is it just me or is the contrast quality of the coverage (presumably German TV are running the camera's and porting it to separate territories?) is woefull. I mean did anyone actually check to see if the picture was actually watchable especially in the shadowy setting that most of the games so far have found themselves in. The England game was very difficult to watch (especially on my LCD, a little better on a large CRT). Surely out Teutonic friends considered that these games were to kick off early and it is summer after all??. So much for Germanic infallibility.... (although the 'spider' shadow during the England game did remind me back to the heady days of Mexico!!).

Roll on the late kickoffs!!..... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The sun does that all on tvs more so LCD nowt you can do except hope for clouds...but WC with cloudy skies is wrong.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I thought the England match was terrible to watch and could barely see the ball when it was on the very far side. It got better as the game wore on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Camera-work at the England match was zoomed back too far.

The sun was certainly an issue too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The Sweden/T&T game looks perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

In the T&T vs Sweden match, the commentator on RTÉ couldn't be heard as the teams were lining up in the tunnel. Eventually, they decided to use ITV's sound before realising ITV had taken a break! They showed the footage from the match with sound from some ad! *Cringe*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

The sound on RTE seems pikey to be honest. Quality of the picture on the BEEB is great, ITV not quite so hot, RTE just RTE.

There's some mad slow mo replays ain't there?

Advertisement