Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Tattoo

Options
  • 10-06-2006 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm looking to get my first tattoo in the next few weeks. I went to get one when I turned 18 but the guy (Sean I think used to work in miss fantasia) told me to wait for a year or two and really decided. Well two years on I still want one (you only live once, if its something you like then do it) but I really don't know where to go in dublin thats good. I have my tattoo picked but I don't want to get it done by someone who might mess it up. So can anyone tell me where I might get a fairy tat done well? I'll be bringing in the stencil myself. I would like to get it done asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Your best bet would be to trawl through all the tattoo shops and ask to see a portfolio of healed tattoo's. Then pick the artist that appeals to you most.
    Things to look for in a good tattoo:
    Nice clean lines
    Good shading (if applicable)
    over all look
    oh and good position of tattoo on body

I'm sure there are more, others will let you know :)
    hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Netanya

Thanks alot, its an important thing to me so I'll take all the advice I can get. By the by is your shoulder a very painful place to get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Not sure to be honest, havent any tattoo's yet, just learned this stuff from hanging about here too long :D
    well like you are getting needles with ink in em put into you so id say it would sting a bit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Netanya wrote:
    Hey,
    I'm looking to get my first tattoo in the next few weeks. I went to get one when I turned 18 but the guy (Sean I think used to work in miss fantasia) told me to wait for a year or two and really decided. Well two years on I still want one (you only live once, if its something you like then do it) but I really don't know where to go in dublin thats good. I have my tattoo picked but I don't want to get it done by someone who might mess it up. So can anyone tell me where I might get a fairy tat done well? I'll be bringing in the stencil myself. I would like to get it done asap.

Jesus. You're the first person who's mentioned Sean on here. He's just done some (tattoo) work for me and he's been my piercer for a year. He's only just started tattooing himself but his stuff has been great so far.

.....sorry for being so off topic!!!

Advertisement