Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Phone to Pick

• 10-06-2006 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

OK Im think of getting a new phone

Main concerns are battery life
    Easy of use on Menu's
    Call Quality
    features

Which is Best 24 votes

Nokia 6230i
    0% 0 votes
    Nokia N70
    29% 7 votes
    Nokia 6280
    50% 12 votes
    Motorla V3
    20% 5 votes
    Motorla V3x
    0% 0 votes
    Motorla L6
    0% 0 votes
    Motorla Pebl
    0% 0 votes
    Sony W800i
    0% 0 votes

Comments

*** Disclaimer - I work for a phone company***
    OK..
    I'd stay away from the U6 (the pebl) as it's rubbish IMO tends to fall apart - Not a good sign
    The V3 and V3X haven't got great battery life
    The W800i is a great phone but I've come across a few too many with software issues.
    I don't know anything about the N70 or the 6280 to tell you the truth.
    I've never heard of any trouble with the 6230i, AFAIK it's a good solid phone.
    I really like the Sony Ericsson K750i. Huge battery life, 2 megapixel camera and easy to use. And my personal favourite is the Nokia 3250 check here >>http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,80112,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

thanks for your reply and info !

You're welcome ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

It would seem that if video calls and a 2Megapixel camera are not top of your concerns, then the 6230i is the one to go for.

It has been around for a year now and is still a very popular Nokia handset in terms of the quantities sold each month.

Call quality is excellent. Easy to use menus and battery life good.

I have mine nearly a year now and would happily keep it for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

for ease of use i would stick to sony or nokia, motos can be hard to get on with.

the best phone above is the n70, it runs the symbian series 60 os, which means you can run a lot of software on it.

for example using a bluetooth gps i run route 66 mapping software as sat nav on mine.

if you arent into extra functionality and just want a good phone then its between the 6230i and the k750i, personally i prefer the k750i, better camera and better looking in my opinion

• Advertisement

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

None of the above, wait another month or so and get a K800i which will make all these look like yesteryears rusty Lada's..

Get something cheapo in the intirim in the mobiles for sale forum some nice bargains to be got there.

The picture quality and overall features of the K800i are totally worth the short term wait (or just buy a K750i to sell on ebay until the K800i gets in your grubby little hands...*ahem*..this may or may not be my current plan..)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

k800i will have a fancy camera thats it, functionality will not be better than the k750i, ie miles bnehind any nokia s60 device

I'd never choose anything other than a series 60 device now (6630/6680/N70/N90 etc). But the interface can take a bit of getting used to, its nothing like the standard Nokia interface.
    For example, pressing the red "hang up" button is like pressing the Minimise button on your PC, it doesn't actually close the app. But once you remember the little things like that they're great phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Karsini wrote:
    I'd never choose anything other than a series 60 device now (6630/6680/N70/N90 etc).

Agreed. Have had the 7650, 7610, 6630 and 6680 handsets over the past few years and they are by far the best.

You did not mention what handset you have at the moment. If you are used to normal Nokia's then you would probably feel at home with the 6230i..

• Advertisement

I currenty use a 6310i and a 6230 i

both great phones the battery in the 6239i could be better tough

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

So the LG U8360 isn't an option? That has the best battery life of all the 3 phones!

Advertisement