Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gold rush

Options
  • 10-06-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Right I've been trying to work things out with my characters on the best method to make lots of gold quickly...and I just thought I'd share a few of em - in the hope that other people will share their money making tips (most of mine are quite boring though)

firstly watching the AH and writing down the normal prices of certain items (Iron bars, mooncloth, felcloth, essesnce of (element) - these usually provide enough for me)...then when I see some of them being sold below the normal price, I'll buy them up and re-sell them for the normal price...I'd provide the numbers but they all vary depending on the server (one of the servers I play on, mooncloth ave price is 12.5 gold - and the other one the ave price is 20 gold)

my other method for farming gold is just to find a large(ish) group of humanoid mobs about 2-5 levels below me (so I can kill them quite quickly without needing food/pots/bandages) and collecting all of the cloth and green items that drop from them and AHing the lot...that and humanoids usually carry money themselves....

Nic
    Xrek & Taikura (alliance) on Twilights hammer
    Ryhno (horde) on bronzebeard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

oh and one more thing....what items do you all buy and sell in the AH? cause my list of items is quite small - all of the items I mentioned in the first post...

Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

One tip, which doesnt really make enormous profit, but is one to watch out for; Runecloth, when you've got as much of it as me after numerous UBRS/ Strat/ Scholo runs, see how much stacks are going for in the AH. Sometimes it might be more profitable to turn them into runecloth bandages and vendor them... Certainly not always, but sometimes... Same goes for silk and mageweave bandages

And always search for blues when in the neutral AHs. One time, I found two pieces of shaman gear (elementals set) going for 2c each. It must have been someone switching them between chars. But i immediately bought them out, waited a few hours for the guy to contact me (he didnt, but if he did, i would have given them back, cos im a nice guy), placed them on the neutral AH for 20g each, logged on as my tauren alt and advertised them in the city chat. Relogged again, and they were sold after 20 mins. Easiest 39g96c ive ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

One tip, which doesnt really make enormous profit, but is one to watch out for; Runecloth, when you've got as much of it as me after numerous UBRS/ Strat/ Scholo runs, see how much stacks are going for in the AH. Sometimes it might be more profitable to turn them into runecloth bandages and vendor them... Certainly not always, but sometimes... Same goes for silk and mageweave bandages

And always search for blues when in the neutral AHs. One time, I found two pieces of shaman gear (elementals set) going for 2c each. It must have been someone switching them between chars. But i immediately bought them out, waited a few hours for the guy to contact me (he didnt, but if he did, i would have given them back, cos im a nice guy), placed them on the neutral AH for 20g each, logged on as my tauren alt and advertised them in the city chat. Relogged again, and they were sold after 20 mins. Easiest 39g96c ive ever made
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Sounds like you need Auctioneer addon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Trade goods in general are the best items for playing the AH (outside of the odd very cheap eipc item that you may see occasionally). Sometimes you can get them cheap in bulk on the trade channel and resell them in the AH in lots of 2-3 stacks and make a nice few gold.

Or finding low level stuff. People don't want to mine iron anymore on my server. I've sold stacks of iron bars for over 2g :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Buy cheap sell dear on the AH is the way to go. Cue statutory warning from the financial regulator that prices may fall as well as rise but if you are reasonably clued in and prepared to spend a bit of time every day at it you can make more money from the AH than from anything else. It takes a little bit of discipline (certain times of the day are better than others for buying and selling) but even an hour every day spent playing the AH will earn enough cash to fund your other activities.

Insider tip: If you are serious about playing the Auction House get the auctioneer mod. It keeps track of prices and scans the AH for bargains. Dont follow it too blindly - use your common sense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

nesf wrote:
    Trade goods in general are the best items for playing the AH (outside of the odd very cheap eipc item that you may see occasionally). Sometimes you can get them cheap in bulk on the trade channel and resell them in the AH in lots of 2-3 stacks and make a nice few gold.

Or finding low level stuff. People don't want to mine iron anymore on my server. I've sold stacks of iron bars for over 2g :confused:
    I cleared out my bank the other day, since I dropped mining. Now that I've maxed out engineering I dont really need mining to support it, I have most of the good stuff I want and anything else, I can buy the mats for. I'd rather be farming cash than farming mats, tbh.

But my point is, I sold all the iron bars I had left. I sold 3-4 stacks of 20, for 5g each. They sold in about 20 minutes, I was quite impressed ;) If I had of known, I would have farmed iron bars and made a killing.

Advertisement