Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Docklands

Options
  • 10-06-2006 8:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering whether you think the DDDA is doing a good job in relation to the redevelopment of the Docklands. What do you think of the new buildings and amenities, the general feel of the area? Could they be doing more?

Personally I think the quays east of Matt Talbot Bridge are looking great and its very modern and generally very pleasent. Of course its a work in progress but I like it. What do you think?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I live on City Quay and i think the new builings look fantastic and it's certainly better than the whole area along both sides of the quays being derelict but DDDA themselves are lying bast*rds who have screwed the locals!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Anto McC wrote:
    DDDA themselves are lying bast*rds who have screwed the locals!!

Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

They made a lot of promises to the locals to get support for their ventures and think only 1 of these promises have come to frutition!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

they published action area plans for the East Wall area in 2004 with the work stated due to be completed end of 2005. half way thru 2006 and not a stone lifted in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I love the area, and I love the new bridge, but I really wish there was less uniformity in the building height. I'm a fan of tall buildings, and a few well designed unique towers would fit in well in the IFSC. I think the buildings that are there are certainly modern and nice enough, but from a distance, there is absolutely no skyline.

I heard rumour that Spencer Dock got the go ahead, is this true, and if so, is it at the cool original plans? I would imagine its probably been massively scaled back, height wise.

I'll be happy when Dublin has a proper skyline. (instead of one made of ancient TV ariels and the odd church spire!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

heard something about matching twin towers down near the point. the u2 tower on the south side and a matching size tower on the point side.

more here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

cool, good link Candyman, thanks. That artists impression looks like a high rise block of flats from Hong Kong!! At least we can rest assured that when things are built, they rarely look like the artists impressions! In this case, I kind of hope it doesnt anyway.

Advertisement