Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbies Free Concert. . .

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hopefully he will never play again..

which reminds me, heard on the news today that some school near croker called the gardai yesterday when the kids were doin their exams cos robbie was doin a sound check and it was causin a disturbance! They had to wait till exam was over! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

faceman wrote:
    hopefully he will never play again..

Why ?? Were you there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Smileylynz wrote:
    Why ?? Were you there?

nope, i find his music dull, lacklustre, dreadful lyrics and "elevator music" melodies.

Id say hes a nice bloke tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

So was the show cut short?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

They showed some of his performance on sky news, the stage looked empty he didnt seem to be working the crowd well at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

No, Dont think it was cut short! Just a few special effects went wrong! He was meant to fall from the top of the stage, but it was f**ked! so it fell through!

i've seen him in Slane and Pheonix Park and personally think they were both a lot better! Still think hes a genius though! He got 90, 000 people going last nite! not many can do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I was working at Gun and Roses last night and I think Aiken Promtions will be getting sued (SP?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Someone should start another thread about this. For the laugh like.

Smileylynz wrote:
    Still think hes a genius though! He got 90, 000 people going last nite! not many can do that!

out of the 4 people who went to see him last nite that i know (2 of which are fans), the 4 of dem were really disappointed.

A good entertainer can get a crowd goin whether or not effects go rite. throwin in some bull about a free concert is tosh.

why do u think he's genius? He dont write the songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

faceman wrote:
    nope, i find his music dull, lacklustre, dreadful lyrics and "elevator music" melodies.

I'd agree with that...

Except I'd say he's a knob!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

faceman wrote:

uhhhm then dont go to his concert.duuhh.

but please let other people enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

uhhhm then dont go to his concert.duuhh.

but please let other people enjoy it.
    i don't think faceman really has a say in the matter.

julep wrote:
    i don't think faceman really has a say in the matter.

and why not?

Just cos I (and other ppl who replied on this thread) dont like robbie williams doesnt mean we cant have our opinion. Some ppl dont like robbie but wudnt bother listenin to his music before judging. I on the otherhand am familiar with this music.

On the flip side, when i post a metallica post on monday after tomorrow's gig Im sure lots of punters will be tellin me how shoite 'tallica are!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

not a crowd pleaser at all at all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

raheny red wrote:
    I was working at Gun and Roses last night and I think Aiken Promtions will be getting sued (SP?)

WHy? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

calm down there now, skeeter.

i was saying that you don't have a say in whether or not he plays a gig here.

personallly i couldn't give a flying **** if he ever plays a gig again. i don't like his music, so i don't listen to it.

wouldn't mind hitting that metallica gig though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

faceman wrote:

A good entertainer can get a crowd goin whether or not effects go rite. throwin in some bull about a free concert is tosh.

why do u think he's genius? He dont write the songs!

So then they knew he mentioned the free concert before the stunt didnt happen? Where they standing or sitting ? Anyone who at at that concert of any in Croker would need a telescope to make anything out. I was at the barrier just outside the golden circle and the place was rocking. Dont like the guy but he entertains people and does a very good job of it.

Outed a certain music producer/mogul too :D

kdjac

iFight wrote:
    WHy? What happened?

When Axl Rose came out he threw the mic stand out to the crowd. A father with his two kids puts his hands up to protect them which results in him breaking 4 fingers. He works on a site so he will be out of work for a few weeks/months now. However, I heard Peter Aiken was saying that if his firm gets sued then he will be counter-suing Guns and Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I thought it was an excelent show. The encore was fantastic and he certainly worked the crowd when things started going wrong with the elevator thing. Announcing another free concert before the end of the year was a perfect ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

julep wrote:
    wouldn't mind hitting that metallica gig though.

;) :cool: :) Im gonna have the pleasure of it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

raheny red wrote:
    ..A father with his two kids puts his hands up to protect them which results in him breaking 4 fingers..
    Why did the father bring his kids to a G'n'R gig? :confused:

That's particularly bad parenting (not to mention bad-taste.. no offence, G'n'R fans!) - so he probably deserved it! :D

basquille wrote:
    Why did the father bring his kids to a G'n'R gig? :confused:

That's particularly bad parenting (not to mention bad-taste.. no offence, G'n'R fans!) - so he probably deserved it! :D

The amount of kids there was unreal, now that was my first gig to be at (work wise or social) but I couldn't understand why so many kids :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Smileylynz wrote:
    No, Dont think it was cut short! Just a few special effects went wrong! He was meant to fall from the top of the stage, but it was f**ked! so it fell through!
    damnit so he didn't die so? my plan was foiled

julep wrote:
    calm down there now, skeeter.

i was saying that you don't have a say in whether or not he plays a gig here.

Oops sorry :o
    Ps metallica rocked!

Advertisement