Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Progress Update - June 14th - Recruitment UPDATE

Options
  • 10-06-2006 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Just a quick post to update people as to how Phantom FM is progressing with its plans!

Firstly, on the recruitment front, we will be in touch with shortlisted candidates who confirmed their availability to us in the next couple of weeks. Will update this thread as soon as we have interview dates etc finalised.

Secondly, all the other stuff such as contract negotiations with the BCI, premises leases and all that are progressing along nicely at the moment. The plan is still to be on air in late summer. As soon as a date is set for launch I will stick it up here immediately.

In terms of what frequency we will be on, well the plan is that we will be taking up residence on 105.2FM.

Will update this post with more definite information on dates as soon as its available. In the meantime we can be contacted as always at:

Telephone: (01) 478 0363
    Fax: (01) 476 2138
    Email: studio@phantomfm.com

In the meantime, dont forget to keep downloading the podcasts and keep an ear on the live stream as well. And if youre not signed up to the mailing list for email updates, then go and do it right now!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

keep up the good work Petey!!!

I'd say it can't be easy working hard with the good weatehr and football on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

LATEST UPDATE 14/06/06
    Dublin's new alternative rock station, Phantom FM, is now accepting applications for full time positions in:

News

Direct Sales

Administration and Traffic

Applicants will preferably have relevant experience and a knowledge of Phantom FM's format and ethos. Please forward application including CV and demo material (where appropriate) in strictest confidence to:

The Chief Executive
    Phantom FM
    12 Camden Row
    Dublin 8

Email: work@phantomfm.com

Telephone: (01) 478 0363

CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY JUNE 20TH 2006.

Important Note: Any candidates who have already applied in our earlier recruitment campaign need not re-apply.

Candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed in the coming weeks.

To assist applicants, a list of requirements for specific roles is listed below:

News
    Broadcast Journalists and Producers, full time

Please ensure that your application includes the following items:
    Letter of application
    - Curriculum
    - Demo recording
    - Sample of written work

Sales Executives
    Full Time Direct Sales executives

- Letter of application
    - Curriculum Vitae

Administration
    Full time positions involving: Traffic, Invoicing, Salaries, General Administration, Reception, PA Duties

- Letter of application
    - Curriculum Vitae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by "traffic"?

Sorry, should have explained. Traffic is Advertisement Traffic as in the person who schedules ads into ad breaks.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Ah right, and there was me practicing pronouncing my roindaboits ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No, ThatBloke! It's "rindabites".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Aw crap, I can't believe I only came across this now, three days too late.

Oh well, I'm sure there'll be a next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JohnBalfe

That's terrific news. I've been looking forward to this interview for a long time.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mixtapepublicit

Any July recruitment update expected? A rough idea even?! I'm doing other job interviews at the moment but I know which one I really want to get...

Any July recruitment update expected? A rough idea even?! I'm doing other job interviews at the moment but I know which one I really want to get...

Should have an update for you in a week or so. Just getting leases and all that stuff tied up before we can announce a definitive launch date and work back to interviews etc.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

Wouldn't Halloween be a great date to launch Phantom? A little bit of a longer wait but everyone would remember the date!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

QM79 wrote:
    Wouldn't Halloween be a great date to launch Phantom? A little bit of a longer wait but everyone would remember the date!

Pfft... that's so ten years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

flogen wrote:
    Pfft... that's so ten years ago :D

Ha! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vic

Hi! Just wondering if you can give us a recruitment update for August? :)

Hello all,

Will get back to you all with an update as quickly as I can. Mad week here, but should have more idea on dates and all that stuff very shortly. Mayhem I tells ya!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anabel

I appreciate how busy things must be for you all but it really would be good to know if there are actually jobs at phantom or whether people like my brother are wasting their time waiting around for updates. Come on phantom put us all out of our misery....

Nobody is wasting their time waiting around for updates. All of those who have been shortlisted for interview will be called for interview as soon as possible. We just dont want to interview people and offer employment without being able to give a definitive start date. Im sure everyone can understand that.

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

heh he.. you should play that green day song i think.. with wake me up when septemeber comes in the lyrics :) as the first song! if you launching in sept that is!

Pete Reed wrote:
    Nobody is wasting their time waiting around for updates. All of those who have been shortlisted for interview will be called for interview as soon as possible. We just dont want to interview people and offer employment without being able to give a definitive start date. Im sure everyone can understand that.

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Sorry to add to the stupid questions; as far as I know the people who applied originally (back in '05) have been notified if their application has been put on the shortlist or not... however have people who applied in the most recent posting (the one that had a deadline on the 20th of June) been notified in any way (informed they're on a shortlist, told the application is being taken no further etc.)?

Thanks for any info and best of luck in the preperations; just remember that all this stress will be worth it once the word "Phantom" is once again uttered on the FM band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rockiemalt wrote:
    heh he.. you should play that green day song i think.. with wake me up when septemeber comes in the lyrics :) as the first song! if you launching in sept that is!

Me likes! :D

• Advertisement

flogen wrote:
    Sorry to add to the stupid questions; as far as I know the people who applied originally (back in '05) have been notified if their application has been put on the shortlist or not... however have people who applied in the most recent posting (the one that had a deadline on the 20th of June) been notified in any way (informed they're on a shortlist, told the application is being taken no further etc.)?

Thanks for any info and best of luck in the preperations; just remember that all this stress will be worth it once the word "Phantom" is once again uttered on the FM band!

Hi Flogen,

Im open to correction on this because my brain is very small, but to the best of my knowledge, all the people who will be getting called for interview (from the latest batch) have been contacted this week. The "sorry, not at the moment" letters will go out next week. There may be a couple of stragglers still to be sorted though. Will get absolute confirmation for you on Monday.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Pete Reed wrote:
    Hi Flogen,

Im open to correction on this because my brain is very small, but to the best of my knowledge, all the people who will be getting called for interview (from the latest batch) have been contacted this week. The "sorry, not at the moment" letters will go out next week. There may be a couple of stragglers still to be sorted though. Will get absolute confirmation for you on Monday.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Thanks for that; I'm optimistic enough to hope I'm one of the possible stragglers :D

Adam

Pete Reed wrote:

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Thanks for the clarification but I'm still slightly confused. Its now become apparent that a launch party has been planned around the 28th of September (see Neosupervital's website). Surely this implies that the station will be launching around this time. Therefore, it really puzzles me how you expect to interview, deliberate, offer jobs and allow people to give adequate notice to current employers in the space of five weeks. It just leads me to believe that perhaps the jobs are already taken and people have been wasting their time waiting for updates.

anabel wrote:
    Thanks for the clarification but I'm still slightly confused. Its now become apparent that a launch party has been planned around the 28th of September (see Neosupervital's website). Surely this implies that the station will be launching around this time. Therefore, it really puzzles me how you expect to interview, deliberate, offer jobs and allow people to give adequate notice to current employers in the space of five weeks. It just leads me to believe that perhaps the jobs are already taken and people have been wasting their time waiting for updates.

No, the jobs have not already been taken. Interviewing for certain mission critical positions has already taken place and interviews for other roles will take place as soon as a firm launch date is set and we can tell people when they would be taking up their employment. No firm launch date has been set as of yet. We would never lead people on into thinking there were jobs if there were not. Im sorry if you are still confused.

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Thanks Pete. No more confusion!

anabel wrote:
    Thanks Pete. No more confusion!

No problem at all Anabel, glad to help.

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Pete,

I wonder if you could clarify this for me. I applied during the original recruitment drive last summer and, as a result of that, received a letter stating that Phantom FM is interested in talking to me.

I presume that's still valid and that I won't be contacted again until I'm being informed about the specifics of the interview?

Apologies for the inundation of questions, but I'm just anxious to not miss the boat on this one!

Regards,

John

JohnBalfe wrote:
    Pete,

I wonder if you could clarify this for me. I applied during the original recruitment drive last summer and, as a result of that, received a letter stating that Phantom FM is interested in talking to me.

I presume that's still valid and that I won't be contacted again until I'm being informed about the specifics of the interview?

Apologies for the inundation of questions, but I'm just anxious to not miss the boat on this one!

Regards,

John

Youre right there John! You will be contacted about the specifics of the interview as soon as we call people in your particular category. Sooner rather than later hopefully.

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Thanks for the update Pete, much appreciated.

Best,

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vic

Thanks for the update and best of luck with all the preparations!

Advertisement