Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Progress Update - June 14th - Recruitment UPDATE

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Onamission

Hiya Pete,

This isn't intended to be impatient or anything, as you're all obviously working really hard to get Phantom on air and I've no doubt the wait is frustrating you guys the most. But, as a matter of curiosity, what kind of stuff is causing you to be unable to specify a launch date? Is it premises, that kind of thing? And do you have maybe a vague idea when you go on air? For instance, is October a realistic prospect at this stage? Or could we be talking later? As I said, the delays are obviously out of your control and I've no doubt you'd start operation broadcast this minute if you could.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

does all this mean no more captain mcgowan handling the devil horns on thursday and micko leaving the dogg house on saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Onamission wrote:
    Hiya Pete,

This isn't intended to be impatient or anything, as you're all obviously working really hard to get Phantom on air and I've no doubt the wait is frustrating you guys the most. But, as a matter of curiosity, what kind of stuff is causing you to be unable to specify a launch date? Is it premises, that kind of thing? And do you have maybe a vague idea when you go on air? For instance, is October a realistic prospect at this stage? Or could we be talking later? As I said, the delays are obviously out of your control and I've no doubt you'd start operation broadcast this minute if you could.

Cheers.

Hi Onamission,

No, its not impatient at all, perfectly reasonable questions to be asking! We're just ploughing through a whole heap of logistical issues that have to be sorted before we can announce a launch date. I know its frustrating waiting for news (trust me I know!) but we really are hoping to bring you much more concrete information shortly.

Jaysus that looks vague even reading back over it, there are just a couple of hurdles for us to jump though and then I promise more definite news. All is good though, we're on the way. Eventually!

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Thanks a million for that, Pete. One final thing (I swear!): have you secured premises yet, or can you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

And are you going have the Shed at the entrance?

• Advertisement

And are you going have the Shed at the entrance?

I think that goes without saying! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 skobie

Hi Pete,

Just wondering if you have any further news regarding employment interview dates, etc..........
    Beena while since your last post!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

skobie wrote:
    Hi Pete,

Just wondering if you have any further news regarding employment interview dates, etc..........
    Beena while since your last post!

Cheers.

Just one more cog has to slip into gear and then I can give you dates and all that stuff. In the meantime, its back to trying to kick the cog into place :)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

I better subscribe to this so. Eagerly awaiting....

May I suggest some mindless violence? Works with any recalcitrant cogs I've ever come across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Pete Reed wrote:
    Just one more cog has to slip into gear and then I can give you dates and all that stuff. In the meantime, its back to trying to kick the cog into place :)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

That cog wouldn't be 97.3 by any chance;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

bbability wrote:
    That cog wouldn't be 97.3 by any chance;)

105.2 is the place to be if the new badges are anything to go by !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JohnBalfe

Hi Pete,

Just thought you'd be interested to know that you're mentioned on this month's Access All Areas show on City Channel. There's an interview with Al Gibbs and he talks about how he got his start in radio and he talks about you.

I'm working here in City until the end of the month, so let me know if you'd like a DVD copy...

John

Advertisement