Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone doin "Whole Way Round" trip in July?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sexysue75

yeah me and a mate doin it too! Have a feelin it's gonna be all guys though but that's cool! What bike you have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'd love to do it, but I'd find it hard getting the €750 needed. As I already done the Rev-up for DSI. Looking at the times on the main page. It looks like ye will be well rushed. You got to factor in fuel stops for groups/food/walking off the numbness and all. Having a Voice comm systems will be handy for things like directions and dangers. Came in handy for us on the rev up. 4 in our group had them. Worked wonders. All you need to a two way radio, a helmet audio set and a push to talk butten.

EDIT: fixed spelling errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I wouldn't mind doing this myself, probably not for charity though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive a deauville and will be joined by a bluebird, bmw 650 dakar and a fazar. Yeah the times are a bit tight to say the least!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

sutty wrote:
    . Having a Voice comm systems will be handy for things like directions and dangers. Came in handy for us on the rev up. 4 in our group had them. Worked wonders. All you need to a two way radio, a helmet audio set and a push to talk butten.

Any brands of comm sets you would recommend?

• Advertisement

we just picked up a Helmet mic and ear phone with Push to talk from Maplin. Along with a two way radio. The Cobra ones are very good, as well as water resistant. (to a point) They come in packs of two (only one needed per bike)and can do a rider to pillion as well as a bike to bike chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

sutty wrote:
    we just picked up a Helmet mic and ear phone with Push to talk from Maplin. Along with a two way radio. The Cobra ones are very good, as well as water resistant. (to a point) They come in packs of two (only one needed per bike)and can do a rider to pillion as well as a bike to bike chat.
    they are crap we tried to use them on a run we did and they were absoulute sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

K-TRIC wrote:

Good thinking K-TRIC - why don't you do it a week later on your own and NOT for charity, then you could be childish and "K-TRICish" about it - have the same amount of fun and help nobody but your self-obsessed little self ;)

Raiser wrote:
    Good thinking K-TRIC - why don't you do it a week later on your own and NOT for charity, then you could be childish and "K-TRICish" about it - have the same amount of fun and help nobody but your self-obsessed little self ;)

What the fuck is that ment to mean ?. I just said I wouldn't mind doing the same course myself at some stage, whats wrong with that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

K-TRIC wrote:

Maybe I took you up wrong K-TRIC - sure does read very strangely though.....Like you would do it only if it didn't help others....

- I suppose I was also a bit prejudiced towards you on the basis of some of your prior posts - especially the below on the friendly topic of Satanism.......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51284832&postcount=15

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote:
    Maybe I took you up wrong K-TRIC - sure does read very strangely though.....Like you would do it only if it didn't help others....

- I suppose I was also a bit prejudiced towards you on the basis of some of your prior posts - especially the below on the friendly topic of Satanism.......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51284832&postcount=15

I fail to see how this is connected :confused:

babybundy wrote:
    they are crap we tried to use them on a run we did and they were absoulute sh*t

Yeah there not the best at high speed and the speaker isn't great. But it gives you a few hundred meters of comms on a straight. Are handy for telling others of fuel stops when needed. And as I said, dangers on the road. I'm going to get a proper one my-self. So I can hook my phone and mp3 player into it as well. What ever you do though, dont use the VOX system. Its crap. Only use Push to talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

for the love of god dont go turning this into bitching session, i think Ktric meant to say that he would do it on his own time, Im sure a lot of us have seen once good forums go down hill when everyone turns on eachother

Oh and K-Tric has a stalker... how cute :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

sutty wrote:
    Oh and K-Tric has a stalker... how cute :p
    oh can we get patches made up saying "I'm K-Tric's Stalker" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Raiser wrote:
    Maybe I took you up wrong K-TRIC
    I'm sure you did. Not everyone can afford to spend €750 on a quick weekend bike trip.

OT, but satanism is a very nice religon. Unless you've got all your info about satanism from horror movies, of course;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

€750 is alot of money to try and get together. Also I'd like to cruise at my own pace. Also If I'm raising money for charity I'll do it in my own time and would rather donate expenses such as petrol and overnight stays used in a run like this to the charity directly. Sometimes I think people are doing things like this for themselves as much as to help anyone else. At the end of the day if it helps the motives don't matter.

As for the Satanism thing. Has every christian read the bible? At least K-Tric is open and up front about what he believes unlike alot of People. Anyway I always thought gabriel was a bit hard on Lucifer over a misunderstanding.

And now for something completely different.....

a discussion on bikes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sexysue75 wrote:
    yeah me and a mate doin it too! Have a feelin it's gonna be all guys though but that's cool! What bike you have ?

so what u ridin? (bike that is!) LOL

wanna hook up before the trip so that we will at least know someone? Dont tell me burd tho cos she is a bunny boiler

Advertisement