Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Question/Help? Thanks

Options
  • 10-06-2006 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Is it possible to get an Irish mortgage for a US home?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Is it possible to get an Irish mortgage for a US home?

Not sure if you can get one here for a US home but the banks in the States have mortgage's for non US resident's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

I heard that...the interest rate is not very favorable thought and the conversion from euro would be great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I heard that...the interest rate is not very favorable thought and the conversion from euro would be great.

I agree the rates they give non US resident's are not very competitive,a mate of mine bought over in the US and of the top of my head one of the things you will need is a International Tax ID Number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

You could release equity in your existing home if you had a residential mortgage on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Hey there,

Yes you should have no problem.... simply remortgage your property. If you have any questions send me a message and i'll look into it for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement