Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rio's practical jokey thingy on ITV

• 10-06-2006 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭

Thankfully I missed most of this, saw the end of Rooney, then James and Beckham.

Wow, how bad can ITV get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Thankfully I missed most of this, saw the end of Rooney, then James and Beckham.

Wow, how bad can ITV get?

almost as bad as rio's defending....almost :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I shouldn't say I was thankful to see most of it of course, I was actually glad to see it, in a drop-jaw sort of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well, it's Rio "I'm sorry I missed a mandatory drugs test, I was moving house, but it's not a big deal is it?" Ferdinand for Heaven's sake!

I did like watching Beckham getting pissed off with the driving and gettting out of the car while it was still moving and Neville showing himself up to be a total twat even without trying.

And dear God if ever in a life-or-death accident, please do not let Wayne Rooney be first on the scene!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Neville made a twat of himself?

Hold on, I think I've seen this one........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ah, yes, but this was more genuine because he didn't know he was on camera!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dr. Nick wrote:
    how bad can ITV get?

How long is a piece of string.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

someone shud tell Rio he is a footballer with a weird upper lip thing going and NOT Ashton Kutcher and he is NOT doing Punk'd................. oh and where the fu*k did he get the phrase "merkd" !!!!!!!!!!!

It made me want to shoot myself everytime i saw him attempt to say the word in a punkdesque way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

yeah the "merked" thing baffled me too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

fubar tbh

• Advertisement

Rio thinks he should be playing NBA. Well, he wishes he was, he's so cool.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=merk

for gods sake we already know Rio is an idiot but does he really think he is cool enuf to pull that "merkd" comment off! i mean maybe Vinnie Jones cud but Rio!!!

It reminds me of that old that grandad "Westwood" trying to say "you've been pimped" while trying to ensure he doesnt pull a muscle or sumtin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Worst Program ever!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I disagree with all who posted so far. I thought the SWP wind up was pretty decent just because he wouldn't harm a fly. Watching the Rooney wind up I can honestly say I haven't laughed so much watching the telly alone in months. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Worst thing I've ever seen. And thats somthing, because I've seen this
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076257/

As for all the wiggedy, wiggedy finger clicking, rio you're a tool.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I disagree with all who posted so far. I thought the SWP wind up was pretty decent just because he wouldn't harm a fly. Watching the Rooney wind up I can honestly say I haven't laughed so much watching the telly alone in months. :)

i have to say i actually enjoyed the gags, especially the Rooney one but i thought Rio came across as a complete tool, oh and so did David James who reinforced all our assumptiuons bout him being a fruit cake with his ridiculous comments on a childs painting!

but Becks came across quite well!

Superdub2 wrote:
    i have to say i actually enjoyed the gags
    I think people on here seem to just judge it on a Punk'd wanna be show. I couldn't care what Rio thinks he is, Rooney being punk'd was funnier than anything I can remember seeing on MTV. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

missed it all...any links?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    missed it all...any links?
    Search this site for "Ferdinands":
    http://www.fbtz.com/forum/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I actually enjoyed some of them.The SWP one was amusing and the player came across very well on it.
    The Rooney one was funny too especially with his girlfriend laughing in the background as he held the drip of the "dying dog".

I thought they played Gary Neville very well too.I didnt think he came across as a twat and admired him for wanting to take the points rather than have them quashed for a photo.:D

• Advertisement

adox wrote:
    I actually enjoyed some of them.The SWP one was amusing and the player came across very well on it.
    The Rooney one was funny too especially with his girlfriend laughing in the background as he held the drip of the "dying dog".

I thought they played Gary Neville very well too.I didnt think he came across as a twat and admired him for wanting to take the points rather than have them quashed for a photo.:D

What about letting him take the photo and then going down the station...? In any case, I think Neville copped that it was a wind-up long before Rio showed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

what was he saying anyway? "youve been merc'd"? or somethin sap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Someone should teach Rio how not to ball watch.

Rio is a big twit !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

BolBill wrote:
    Someone should teach Rio how not to ball watch.

Rio is a twat !
    do you ever learn - bye bye and hopefully for good this time

TheMonster wrote:
    do you ever learn - bye bye and hopefully for good this time

Oh grow up you big child, can we not slate the Mighty Rio ?

Get your Red tinted specs off and run along little boy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

ziggy67 wrote:
    Someone should act as a drug tester & make Rio think he's missed his test again. Now that would be funny!! Merked! :)

I saw a bit of this programme. For me, its too much towards entertainment and not football, which is what these lads should be concentrating on. This merking and bling bling is what has them in the state they are and takes away from their professionalism. On a day when Roy Keane has announced his retirement, I am sure you wouldnt get Rio trying to 'merk' him, or he would get a head-butt in the face and rightly so.

The fly-on-the-wall camera aspect though did give us some insight into some of these players. Rooney is a lamb and a young boy, he wasnt even able to respond to the kid or indeed the dying 'dog'. Mind you, Rooney off the field is completely different to Rooney on the field. Its as if a switch is turned on. Beckham did show that he has some guts (off the field). Rio though, is a bit of a buffoon, and this shows on the field at times when he makes his blunders, along with David James. Gary Neville, well, the word prat comes to mind.

For those that missed this programme, you didnt miss anything!

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

BolBill wrote:
    Oh grow up you big child, can we not slate the Mighty Rio ?

Get your Red tinted specs off and run along little boy !
    did you not read the rules of the forum?:p

Be quiet you tell tale ! :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Here's a few more clips from it. It's rubbish but no worse than that punk'd show it has to be said.

Beckham (probably the better of the two)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfLj1F42lk&search=rio%20ferdinand

WrightPhilips
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMXz_OKGdAs&search=rio%20ferdinand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

any link to the crouch prank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Stekelly wrote:
    As for all the wiggedy, wiggedy finger clicking, rio you're a tool.

LOL, so true.

Neville came across as a smarmy f*ck. No surprise there, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I only caught the last few pranks. Hated him saying Merked!

Thought that Beckham came across real well on it though - and felt sorry for the guy when he had to lay down on the floor of the car when being picked up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Terrible. Terrible TV.
    If anyone should be embarrassed about anything in the show it should be Rio himself - what an utter tool. Let's just say that that stupid wrist flicking thing he was doing wouldn't be alien to him :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement