Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flukes

Options
  • 11-06-2006 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Do you think you have pulled off any flukes in the Leaving so far. I didn't do a tap in higher Irish for two years.(Well I did grinds kinda half arsed and didn always do the homework though) and never stayed awake for one whole Irish class in two years. I got a B in my mock. I wanted to do a real good English and was depending on it all Year. But I studied loads of English and no Irish and I think I might have done better in Irish. Does anybody else think that this may have happened to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

That kinda stuff never happens to me. Lucky for some :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I kind of lucked out in english paper 1...the only article for an essay I had ever learnt off was one on why we should use nuclear power. I saw the title "give a talk to a group of world leaders in which you persuade them to deal with one or more of the world's problems"

Fit in nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

NADA wrote:
    Do you think you have pulled off any flukes in the Leaving so far. I didn't do a tap in higher Irish for two years.(Well I did grinds kinda half arsed and didn always do the homework though) and never stayed awake for one whole Irish class in two years. I got a B in my mock. I wanted to do a real good English and was depending on it all Year. But I studied loads of English and no Irish and I think I might have done better in Irish. Does anybody else think that this may have happened to them.

EXACTLY the same as me! I'm quite good at English and absolutly terrible at Irish but yet I feel way more confident in a higher grade in Irish. It was a complete fluck that 1 of the 3 essays(Díomá) I had learned off by heart I was actually able to write it down, while English just went disastrous, with a distastrous essay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I was fairly lucky with that "world leaders" speech as well, that was one of maybe three essays I had ever written. Overall I was fairly lucky with English, I had the Lear essay on Gloucester learned off, and I had a fairly average Donne essay learned off that seemed to fit the question so perfectly that it became a very good Donne essay.

Irish paper 2, on the other hand, dear lord. I learned 2 higher level poems - neither came up. I learned 2 short story answers - neither came up. I learned 3 stair na gaeilges - none came up. I went for broke on that and it didn;t pay off at all. Hoping for some history flukes though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I fluked my way through English paper 2

Only really had Bishop and Hopkins done and a bit on Hardy - Bishop came up
    Only prepared a gereral question on As You Like It - that came up
    Only knew Theme or Issue which came up

If CC and LG came up together I would have been lost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Irish Paper 2, did feck all study and all the texts I liked came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I knew my Hardy essay better than I knew any of my other essays, so I guess I was lucky he came up. The "World Problem" question was a gem. I had nothing prepared, but it really suited me.

Hoping for a fluke in Business. EU Competition Policy, an easy Enterprise question, a leadership question and an Idea Generation question (you know, Idea Gen, Screening, Concept Development, Feasability Study, Prototype Development, Test Marketing, Commericial Launch). I'd be happy with a B3 in business; I think I can pull it off, I got a C1 in the Mocks with no study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

I only studied Longley for English and he came up
    I didn't look at Lear but I bulls.hited my way through the question

So yeah! Im hoping for a lot more flukes!! Especially in French!
    For the JC, I was attrocious at French (haven't gotten much better!) and I got a B somehow, I think it was because I just wrote out every verb I knew in the answerbook! I'll probably do that for this exam too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Yeah, geography. I haven't opened the book all year, and I got a high C in the mocks - just on general knowledge and bluffing. I'm considering opening the book at this stage okay... Only just. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

im hopin for a major fluke in maths and biology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

im hoping i'll get easy papers from now on. im not going to do much study from now on, the hard one's are over:

english paper2 and irish paper2.

geography, art and business can be bluffed. construction is 50% done so it's just a case of keeping my head for that and not doing anything stupid.

on course so far with overall fair papers.

Advertisement