Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Weeks to appointment..

• 11-06-2006 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all..

I've my first dentist appointment for 3 years in 2 weeks time. I know.. bad idea.. but since I was 12, Ive had 4 teeth out just to make space in my mouth and then braces for 4 years... THEN if that wasnt bad enough they decided my wisdom teeth were impacted and lobbed me off to hospital to have them out too. SO.. thats why I HATE going to the dentist.

At the moment my teeth look grand.. my gums bleed a bit from time to time (anytime I use dental floss or those wood sticks) but its time I got my teeth checked before they actually hurt.

Last time he gave out because my gums werent the best up at the back. So this time I want to be prepared.

What can I do in 2 weeks to "refurbish" my mouth!?! I think Im going to get a bottle of Cordosyl (sp?), some superfloss for the back teeth (that'll be fun for my gums Im sure) and some dental wood sticks for my front teeth.

What else can I do to make sure they're in good shape before he gives out stink for leaving it so long??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Dentists rarely "give out" as such to their patients.
    They may make a passing reference to improving your dental hygiene.
    Sure they make more money if you neglect yourself :-)

I'd a similar(ish) history...
    Had to have 4 big fillings in my molars ( think those are the big ones ).
    That anchored my braces during my teenage years.
    I neglected my teeth in late teens, and abuot 6 years later had to get a LOT of work done.... approx 18 pinhole fillings.

Whatever structural damage is done to your teeth can't be fixed with flossing or brushing. But might fix the gums bleeding.

Advertisement