Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interior design on a shoestring

Options
  • 11-06-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I don't know where to post this... haven't a clue but there is probably an obvious place so please move it if there is (thanks).

We're coming near the completion of our new build house and I have to decorate it on a shoestring... in fact a shoestring is probably more than I can afford.:D I'm just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas on alternative flooring (other than buying cheapo lino) and light fittings etc. Don't tell me to go to Ikea as I can't afford the fare.:( Any help would be appreciated.

Yours truly

Stony Broke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

laminate wood flooring is fairly cheap. even cheaper if you can fit it yourself. it's not that hard really.
    pay a visit to the site when the electricians are there. one of them will be kind enough to sort you out with a few spare light fittings on the cheap. or else they're pricks. then try lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Aren't IKEA opening up in Dublin soon? If you could wait until then it might be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try some thrift stores if you can find some. They normally have all sorts of things and you could find some bargains there.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I think Ikea Edinburgh will actually deliver to Dublin if you order over a certain amount so it balances out the cost of shipping. If you were looking for cheap furiniture as well as light fittings you could do it all online and have them ship it over, I know a guy at work did it. Just make sure you're there on the day of delivery or you might have to wait until they come over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thanks for that... I didn't realise that Ikea delivered to the Republic. I must get on their website and have a look. Any idea when Ikea Dublin are opening. Have they even started building yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

www.jungletown.ie
    you never know what you could find.
    Tobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

:rolleyes: sorry long night...
    www.jumbletown.ie
    Good luck
    tobi

Advertisement