Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Vodaphone for Reception

• 11-06-2006 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

My house is in a very dody coverage area in N Tipp. Mostly because of blockage by a mountain from the transmitter. Vodaphone is the best of the bunch.
    So, is there a Vodaphone mobile that has better reception/antennae characteristics than another?
    I'm on pay as you go or whatever its called with Voda but would swith to bill pay if the reception on the phone was that good.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well if vodafone is the best for reception in your area it means so is 3 (they run of the same network)
    as for if your on bill pay or not it wont make a difference to signal and true there can be differences between signals on different phones the difference is so small it wont make the slightest difference at all
    nothing you can do really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There can actually be substantial difference. I know a girl who lives in a older house. With a number of different phones, she had very different coverage, with the same sim card.

Nokia 6103, Motorola V3 - Very Good

Nokia 6101, Nokia 6020 - Okay

Nokia 6060, Sony Ericsson K700i - Crap

That's from her experience, and it just shows there are differences but you're unlikely to see them in a brochure. Get a phone. See if you have coverage on it. If you don't, take it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SE phone in my experience require considerably better reception to work on a par with most other branks I have used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

chrislad wrote:
    There can actually be substantial difference. I know a girl who lives in a older house. With a number of different phones, she had very different coverage, with the same sim card.

Nokia 6103, Motorola V3 - Very Good

Nokia 6101, Nokia 6020 - Okay

Nokia 6060, Sony Ericsson K700i - Crap

That's from her experience, and it just shows there are differences but you're unlikely to see them in a brochure. Get a phone. See if you have coverage on it. If you don't, take it back.
    my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭PhotogTom

That's probably what I should do. Try different phones to see if there is a difference. Good point that they won't put it in a brochure and so the sales person probably doesn't really know either. But, there must be differences in how phones are made, etc.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement