Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clearwire with access point

• 11-06-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

right so got clearwire

and want to use a "belkin adsl modem with wireless g router" as the box says

as an access point

em... right so

I plug the cat 5 from the clearwire reciever to the router

how do I set the router to work as an access point

I just dont want to buy a access point since the router is already here, but its a adsl router so its default as a gateway...

any help or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What type of connection do Clearwire provide eg RJ45/Ethernet?

You'll need to exchange the Belkin for a router thats WAN port takes RJ45 if thats the case, also do NOT get a Belkin, you will end up bald and frustrated try to setup and troubleshoot them. Best to run away now while you still have your sanity. The range and quality of the radios in Belkin equipment is seriously dodgy so stay well away, better off with Linksys gear.

/end Linksys commercial ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

it takes a ethernet connection

but its an adsl modem so it also has a rj45

hmm after much searching of the net I dont think I'll be able to use it the way I wanted to (without using CCproxy )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope sorry to say but I told ya so... ;)

The WAN connection is phone line (RJ11) so will not work. You need a router with an RJ45 WAN port > Linksys WRT54G is your best bet as it is reliable and from tthe best maker of net equipment there is Linksys (Cisco).

Advertisement