Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mercedes cd multichanger

Options
  • 11-06-2006 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

just a quick question regarding the cd multichanger.....is there a trick to getting this to work ? i have loaded 6 in the changer and 1 in the head unit, but cannot toggle between them, just playes the one in the head unit..... cant find an audio manual online ...... just wondering if anyone came across this before ?

thanks in advance,

oleras.

p.s. 2001 c180 classic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

THis may not be much use, and I may be wrong, but I remember correctly, you press the down button between "tel" and "tape" to change discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

colm_mcm wrote:
    THis may not be much use, and I may be wrong, but I remember correctly, you press the down button between "tel" and "tape" to change discs?

there isnt any tel or tape buttons on the head unit......ill get a pic up tomorrow anyways........ someone has to know !!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

my gf has a 01 c180, if the "changer" is in the glovebox it is apparently not a changer but a CD storage device....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Nuttzz wrote:
    my gf has a 01 c180, if the "changer" is in the glovebox it is apparently not a changer but a CD storage device....

hmmmm...that could explain why it wont work then......lol...... what i assumed was the multichanger is the box in the glove.... pic attached

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

thats the blooming thing alright!!! I cant see the point of it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That is a DIN sized CD storage system, they are sometimes fitted in car dash's that have a double DIN where a single DIN unit is fitted eg. Kia SorentoH625ESA200_GDGFK8D_thumb.jpg
    You can fit a Mercedes in dash CD changer in the glovebox where this storage box is fitted.

These yokes were huge in the 80's, practically all Vauxhall Vectras had casette versions of them, the basic design has remained the same for the past 20 years!

Advertisement