Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eagles Anyone ???

Options
  • 11-06-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Was anyone at the Eagles last night (Sat), can you tell me wat time they came on and finished, a quick review. Please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gillmc

Was anyone at the Eagles last night (Sat), can you tell me wat time they came on and finished, a quick review. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Came on around 8.15 with a 15 minute break in between, ended at 11.15 p.m.

The crowd were obviously of an older vintage so crowd participation was minimal......

Opened with 'takin it easy' and did some of their better songs in the first half including my fav. 'wittchy woman'.

They (both band and audience) livened up in the second half. Joe Walsh had a few words (legend), I think he was a bit pi55ed, but all good all the same.

Henley had a few words also....... he is an unestimated musician in my book - drummer, vocalist and geetar - yee haw!

Had an encore of 'Hotel Calefornia' and ended in 'Desperado'.

They played most fo the hits but left out a few obvious ones including 'Tequilia Sunrise', played a few of their new tunes....

I would lay a bet that this isn't their farewell tour though ..... be prepared for the 'comeback tour 2007'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

They called it Farewell as a joke. Actually it's called Farewell 1, so they expect for there to be a Farewell 2, 3, etc (here's hoping).

Very surprised they didn't play Tequila Sunrise. They played it on the Saturday night - first song after the interval, so maybe you missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

i was there lastnight. great gig, great band but no rapore (sp?) between the band at all. still thought it was legend tho.
    Also they did play tequila sunrise lastnight - u must have missed it - they didnt however play doolin dalton, great song that. or the best of all - the last resort - pity they didnt play that either.

Must of been at the jacks when they played TS.

Did you get the sense they're only in it for the money?

'We love you ......(looks at piece of paper on the ground)..... Dublin!'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nah. They don't need the money. They're in it for the same reason all old rockers keep going - they like the adulation from the crowd, they like performing.

Not to say that they all get on well together. There's always been tension.

They haven't done The Last Resort since Hell Freezes Over and I've never heard them do Doolin Dalton though I've only ever seen them since they got back together. Maybe they used to play it in the 70s. Still a pity though. I'd love to hear some of the lesser known songs, but I guess they have to choose a set list to appeal to the majority who may only know a few songs from the radio.

I would say they're only in it for the money..... ex/ wives don't come cheap you know.

They are probably too old and tired to battle with each other at this stage of their lives.:D

Advertisement