Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours History

Options
  • 11-06-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Ah, History. The bane of my exsistance.
    Luck will be the determining factor between a D and an A in this, unfortuntly. Anybody got any ideas of what'll come up? All Im confident enough in guessing is the 1916 rising, it being the 90th aniversary this year, and the first year the marches took place in ages. That being said, they might throw in the War of independance aswell, but I cant see it going beyond civil war.

Im guessing Hitler & Imperialism for european, but thats purely on gut instinct. And on the gut instinct topic, I've a very large feeling that the 1913 lockout will show up for the case study, unfortuntly. Heres to hoping cultural nationalism will rear its head.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Yeah, hopefully something decent on the pre 1932 part of the irsh course will come up. I'd say something like Main Events of the Cold War or Steps to European Unity will come up in Div and Realignment. Hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'd like if something came up o nthe fall of the Weimar Republic or on Mussolini.

As for Irish History, WT Cosgraves Contribution to the Irish Free State or something on the 1918 General Election would be the job.

In Division and Realignment, I'll be hoping for the Oil Crisis of 1972 or else the Hungarain Uprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I reckon if you cover cold war and european unity for division and realignment you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

I think Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin or Stalin will come up in European History.. I'll be learning the Case Studies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

anna.fun wrote:
    I think Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin or Stalin will come up in European History.. I'll be learning the Case Studies...

You mean most of that part of the course? Hot-dog! :p

Only covering Mussolini and Hitler myself. Hitler will probably come up but I'm hoping it's Mussolini.

• Advertisement

If Church-state relations in Nazi Germany and Mussolini's Italy comes up, I will get up and shake my beautiful ass in the middle of the exam hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

i think the rise of sinn fein or 1916 is defo coming up. also how hitler mussolini or stalin improved their respective ecomonies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

c m wrote:
    i think the rise of sinn fein or 1916 is defo coming up. also how hitler mussolini or stalin improved their respective ecomonies

based on what?! also, mussolini pretty much raped the economy so i dont expect that;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Well, at least one non-document based case study should come up in each topic. That's the way it's laid out on the SEC sample paper and what our teacher has been preparing for. If you have all 9 of them and a few other essays prepared, you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Perhaps, but he improved it a bit, THEN raped it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

HoboJesus wrote:

ah not far off it. he was such an idiot. remember his plan to increase birth rate? he banned homosexuality:D :D:D

What does everyone think will come up in the Ireland 1912-1949 period? At the moment I'm only studying Easter 1916, Sinn Fein in 1918 Elections, Treaty and Civil War, but that leaves out a whole swathe of the stuff, like Home Rule, Partition, Irish Free State. Feck!

i'm studying anything before civil war, they have to ask something on that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

cmon Cumann Na G's Economic Policy....

I'm thinking Home Rule, 1916 Rising, 1917/18 Elections, Treaty and Civil War. Don't see how they could spread out questions without asking something on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 joema

If Church-state relations in Nazi Germany and Mussolini's Italy comes up, I will get up and shake my beautiful ass in the middle of the exam hall.

You are some ****

joema wrote:
    You are some ****

On two counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

HoboJesus wrote:

Nope.

His Minister of Finance improved it a bit,THEN Mussolini raped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

joema wrote:
    You are some ****
    There's someone who'll be answering a Mussolini's anti-homosexual policy question.

Well the exam's tomorrow and I don't feel so confident, does anyone else feel like they've forgotten all the details? I'm off to study actually...
    Business before <sigh>

• Registered Users Posts: 34 2dizzylizzie

Well the exam's tomorrow and I don't feel so confident, does anyone else feel like they've forgotten all the details? I'm off to study actually...
    Business before <sigh>

ugh in the same sinking boat!!! what a marathon!!! and on the really bright side for me my business teacher sucks so i havent a clue,:confused: i'll be hoping on a miracle to pass......:( in history, i'm going with all the case studies, ;) thats what all the teachers i know are saying too, if none of them come up i shall wage a mighty war on the department!! i'll be doing my own little Jarrow March!!! hee hee. either way tomorrow is my last day so woohoo!! :D only a little more pain an then i'm finnished forever hahahhaha(till i get my results and discover i hve to repeat that is....:( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

hhmmm yus tomorrow.

im not gonna cover anything new tonight, just look iver my very gay, but very effective spider graph thingies i've done all year.. i have about 20 in total.. any if i know all them, i'll be dandy. i wont... but if i did

ideal world:

-Anti-Semitism in France and Russia from Nation States..
    -Stalin's Red Terror & The Moscow Show Trials from Dictatorship & Democracy
    -Cumann Na nGaedhael's Economic Policies, OR N. Ireland during WW2, including the Blitz and all that jazz.
    -Strike & Lockout Documents

that my friends, is probably very unlikely, but i would be a very happy girl if those came up.

ah not far off it. he was such an idiot. remember his plan to increase birth rate? he banned homosexuality:D :D:D

Late response but that makes me laugh every time I revise the crazy Italian bastard. I put an arrow pointing to it with "lols" at the side a long time ago. I clearly haven't changed a bit. I believe he also put taxes on being a bachelor. Nub.

Meant to study both Business and History today but the world cup and tiredness have thrown everything off.Just hope...

Bismarck/Wilhelm.
    Hitler/Mussolini.
    Cumman na nGaedhal/Belfast during WW2.

...come up or I could struggle.Things tend to come to me during History exams anyway.

HoboJesus wrote:
    Late response but that makes me laugh every time I revise the crazy Italian bastard. I put an arrow pointing to it with "lols" at the side a long time ago. I clearly haven't changed a bit. I believe he also put taxes on being a bachelor. Nub.

Taxing bachelors and tax reliefs for the married are hardly stupid policies.Indeed they are two policies that much of Europe have/will be forced to turn to with a low birth rate cropping up throughout Europe these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

Taxing bachelors and tax reliefs for the married are hardly stupid policies.

Except, they are a bit. They didn't work for big Muss, and they infringe on natural equality or some such. I suppose, however, that we already have them in place, albeit subtley. Anyway, don't politicise this forum.

"Stuff costs more for me because I'm single! Better rush the course of finding that special someone to marry so I can avoid spending unecessary capital!"

Advertisement