Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riddles?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 silverY

The Horse, the Rope, and the Hay.

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 silverY

You have behaved VERY badly and end up in prison.

Consistently you also like to smoke, but you only have 10 used pieces of cigarettes !

However, from 3 used pieces, you can make one cigarette and smoke it (after smoking one cigaret you get a used cigarette again). How many cigarettes can you smoke during your long stay in the dungons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

The rope isn't tied to anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

4-use 9 of the ten cigarette ends to make 3 new cigarettes - when you have smoked these you have 3 new ends,enough to make a 4th - you now have one end left and theres one end unused from the original 10 - making 2 but not enought to make another cigarette

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭golfpaul

The rope is anchored 10 foot from the hay so the 15 foot rope still allows the horse to be 25 foot away from the hay and still eat the hay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

This one isn't so much of a riddle as just pure logic but it still takes people some time.

Why are sewer covers circular?
    Because no matter what direction it is turned, it cannot fall into the sewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Here's another one:

A man gives it to a woman
    The pope has one but doesn't use it
    It's been said that Ruud van nistelrooy has a long one
    and Bob Hope has a short one.

What is it?
    A name

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

silverY wrote: »

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible
    The rope is tied to the one of the horses hind legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

[ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hairy Japanese bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

nVid wrote: »
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    That's the
    Fibonacci Sequence
    isn't it?

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

malice_ wrote: »
    What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
    River

• Registered Users Posts: 59,604 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Another possible reason:
    The 15ft rope is (loosely?) attached to a pole. The horse can walk around the pole in a circular direction. Initially, the horse is at 'point A', 15 feet away from the pole (rope is fully extended). The hay is at 'point B' which is 10 feet away from the pole (on the opposite side of the pole). The horse is therefore 25 feet away from the hay. By walking around, the horse can reach the hay.

Why are sewer covers circular?

Another possible reason:
    A circular cover uses slightly less material to cover a particular diameter than a square one in addition to the safety feature.... should appeal to the accountants viewing!

rgiller wrote: »
    River
    Correct!

Here's another one:

Take one out and scratch my head,
    I am now black but once was red.
    What am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 59,604 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Take one out and scratch my head,
    I am now black but once was red.
    What am I?
    A burnt out match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Dan-O wrote: »
    In 1982 an individual is 23 years old. In 1989 this individual is 16 years old. How is this possible?
    Spoiler:
    Is the individual is a dog? The first age (23) is given in "dog years". The second age (16) is given in human years.

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭squishness

a wave? haha no i looked it up. it's a shadow >.<
    :confused:

I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it. What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?
    The birds shadow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Two coins add up to sixty cents. One of them isn't a fifty cents piece.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Two coins add up to sixty cents. One of them isn't a fifty cents piece.
    10c coin and a 50c coin. One of them isn't a 50c coin, but the other is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

(Re: 1989 age 16 v 1982 age 23)
    Is the individual is a dog? The first age (23) is given in "dog years". The second age (16) is given in human years.
    No, to be 23 at 1982 he would have been born in 1979... So he'd be 10 or 11 in 1989 human years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Who is Robert Smith??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭CaoimheX

This post has been deleted.
    To avoid the risk of getting a faulty parachute if he pretended he was going to bring a hostage with him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

here's a youtube channel with over a 100 riddles done in little segments.

I like this one which is not real riddle but still quite funny:

another good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

paddysmith wrote: »
    A hunter sets up his camp. He walks five miles due south then stops for his lunch. He walks three miles due west at which point he shoots a bear. He then walks the five miles due north which brings him back to his camp. What color was the bear?:D
    there are no bears at the north pole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Metacortex wrote: »
    Is the answer
    'a rock group'. It would say 'who am i?' if it was looking for a band name.

h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

squishness wrote: »
    a wave? haha no i looked it up. it's a shadow >.<
    :confused:

I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it. What is it?
    a splinter?

• Advertisement

Dan-O wrote: »
    In 1982 an individual is 23 years old. In 1989 this individual is 16 years old. How is this possible?

Spoiler:
    In 1989 b.c he's 16, 7 years later in 1982 b.c he's 23

Advertisement