Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Car Boot Finds

Options
  • 11-06-2006 3:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just in Balbriggan market today and picked up 10 Atari 7800 games, including Commando, Pole Position 2 and Joust, for only €15, and a couple of weeks ago I got an Atari 2600 six switch woody for €8, fantastic, anyone else out there strike it lucky at these things? Or what impressive buys have you made in 2nd hand stores that really really don't know the worth of what they sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

AAarrrgh... why didnt anyone tell me.

*Marks on calendar*

Nice finds by the way, worth that money easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got the spankingly good Einhander for 10 dollars in the US. Got a few excellent bargains over there in fact. I know someone that works in Konami an got a few rarities for nothing. Got Suikoden 2 for free. I also got a promotional copy of Castlevania Symphony of the night. Most impressive was the promo copy of Vandal Hearts 2 which Im almost sure is uncut. Theres some nasty stuff you would only see in a japanese game. Have to check out the Balbriggan market. I live there are never thought to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not really on topic (in keeping with Retro's post though) but a few years ago when I worked for Gamezone on Aertel Nintendo gave me a limited edition copy of Ocarina Of Time. It came in a huge box and included a Zelda watch, t-shirt, copy of the game, cup and other merchandise.

I have it hidden at home in Cavan somewhere to keep it safe. It has a certificate of authenticity to say that it's number 751 of 1000 in the world.

I'm quite proud to have it.

I also have a couple of unopened Earthworm Jim figures that are signed by Dave Perry, creator of Earthworm Jim and MD of Shiny Entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Just in Balbriggan market today and picked up 10 Atari 7800 games, including Commando, Pole Position 2 and Joust, for only €15, and a couple of weeks ago I got an Atari 2600 six switch woody for €8, fantastic, anyone else out there strike it lucky at these things? Or what impressive buys have you made in 2nd hand stores that really really don't know the worth of what they sell?

It didn't find it, but I sold the deal of the century a few years ago.

It was a whole load of PC games (about 20), Microsoft Encarta, a ForceFeedback steering wheel and 2 sidewinder controllers. Sold them all for 20 euro or something. Person I sold it too was mighty impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sunnystreet

how do you chat on this thing??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would like to know, however, the address, in Cavan, of Lemlin, not that I'd break in, hold your family hostage with a Nintedo Zapper Gun and search til I found the Zelda treasure trove, no, no, I wouldn't really, must resist evil thoughts, must resist, happy place, happy place, happy place.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lol, actually a few years ago at a car boot sale in Swords I picked an old Atari Lynx with "Scrap Yard Dog" & "Californian Games", and a few years before that I found an Amstrad GX4000 in perfect condition under a pile of someones clothes. Was in excellent condition, came with 2 games, burnin rubber and pro tennis tour. funny thing about it was that even though it only came with one controller, the controller from my megadrive worked perfect with it.

amstrad.jpg

atari_lynx2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

For me it was forsaken on the n64 for €5 (or was it £?) way back when. I wasn't expecting much but it kept me and my mates entertained for weeks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I guess the fact that previous to the Megadrive videogames had very little penetration here in Ireland means that our carboot sales will always have poorer offerings compared to our British neighbours, feck!

Advertisement