Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography feckin Geography

Options
  • 11-06-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

It's one day before the exam and I'm trying to cut off as much fat as I can with the study!
    So I just wanted to ask would ye all think it would be ok to leave out most of the stuff on volcanoes and earthquakes and plate tectonics(i realise i will need a certain amount of knowledge on them for the short questions) and just learn rocks, as in the sample paper there is an entire question just on rocks allowing you to avoid plate tectonics and all that crap completly.

Or would this be a really foolish thing to do??

ahhh this cramming is killing me :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

no learn rocks and rivers or something.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The way I see it there are three main areas: plate movement, rocks & surface processes (rivers/glaciation/mass movement). Learn two and you'll be fine. You could probably even do 1 and still be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

My teacher didn't do rivers, we did mass movement(soil creep, rotational slumping..)
    If I have that and rocks should I be ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yep. But know what all the other shít looks like for the short questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah I know yeah, ah christ there's so much stuff :(
    Thanks for the help anyway, goodluck tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i don't know what i will study in geography when i start my cramfest soon... lol . i cant focus on studying.. im winning o much on the world cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

i don't know what i will study in geography when i start my cramfest soon... lol . i cant focus on studying.. im winning o much on the world cup!

I got 73& in mock, but it was a very, very easy paper. Gonna do some serious crammage tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

I got 57% just got my honor lol. Im hoping to go up a lot in the real thing, plus my marks for my fieldwork should hopefully take me to a B or possibly higher depending on how much I can learn/bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

How long are you ment to spend on each question? I messed it up in the mock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Maths has ruined this for me,this was potentially an A subject for me,but I haven't got to open a book for this due to studying maths paper 2 to save myself repeating.

Try to do the short questions in about 10minutes caeser,it will save you a lot of time everywhere else.That leaves you with 160minutes to do the 4 other sections at 40minutes per section.17minutes per B and C and 6 minutes per A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

it says 30 minutes on each. But I don't reckon the 1st question will take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

DonaldDuck wrote:
    Maths has ruined this for me,this was potentially an A subject for me,but I haven't got to open a book for this due to studying maths paper 2 to save myself repeating.

Try to do the short questions in about 10minutes caeser,it will save you a lot of time everywhere else.That leaves you with 160minutes to do the 4 other sections at 40minutes per section.17minutes per B and C and 6 minutes per A.
    same here, except maybe not an a but a B at least, damn maths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

relax guys :cool:

it's geography. the most idiot proof subject in the LC.

have a bit of cop on and you'll get at least a C without trying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Thanks lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Oh God...

I just looked through my South Asia notes and it turns out I have 30 A4 pages of practice questions with about 100 srps in each. That was when I was in some kind of study craze last week. It's actually scary looking over them theres like about 500 words on each page. Waaay too much information but I guess if I've too much I'll remember the basics tomorow.

I practiced 10 different possible questions and wrote them out over and over in tiny writing. I don't even really remeber it all. Can't figure out how I did it. I seriously think I've OCD from the stress :D

That was just for a 30 mark question.

I've to cover the Rock Cycle, all of the Human Elective, West Of Ireland, Geoecology and practice maps, tonight. I'll probably stay up till about 3 and sleep in till 11 or something.

I better not fail after all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

it's 5:36am, i'm still studying, I'm SCREWED!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zeuz

it's 5:36am, i'm still studying, I'm SCREWED!!!

Im with ya buddy!! ;-D

I got a B in the mock, but now Iv'e had a chance to look over my notes, Iv'e realised I dont remember enough :( I'll be lucky to get a C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

same here grumps didn't get around to lookin at my notes , dam world cup!

same here grumps didn't get around to lookin at my notes , dam world cup!

I feel your pain man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I'm hoping against hope that i'll get away with two river landforms, human interaction with rivers, isostasy, human interaction with rocks, India, West of Ireland, mezzogiorno, MNC's, changes in economic patterns over time, the switch of the economic core from Wallonia to Flanders and the socio-economic causes and impacts of deforestation/desertification and global warming. if they all come up. i think i'm sorted.

Advertisement